[NEEDS SAVES] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

by druidtiefling

Original Post

Re: sims 4, warning symbol above households and lots.

★★★★★ Novice

In short of what i was trying to say "TS4" thinks I am new to the game and gave me a starter pack of random things in gallery, when i click on my own profile it shows me my old sims i had before, when I clicked view profile, it showed me everything but when i clicked gallery "new gallery, not old" it was completely different and now i am worrying how i am gonna fix this because i dont have TrayDeletedItems anymore, makes it so much more harder...

Message 61 of 402 (3,502 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

★ Novice
@druidtiefling Omg this is happening to me too!!!!!!! I've even uninstalled the game and installed it again, removed all mods, cc, everything! Even when I restart a new game it does the same thing!
Message 62 of 402 (3,432 Views)

Re: Disappearing Lots and Exclamation Points.

★ Novice
@musiqamelia Me too!!!! How do we fix this? I've tried it all and nothing!
Message 63 of 402 (3,436 Views)

Lots on existing saves all have exclamation mark and active lot is gone

★★ Novice

I can create a new save and play that save just fine. When I try to load back into any save, then every lot will have that exclamation mark error (either green or orange depending on the lot) and the current lot will show up empty in manage worlds, and will also be fully bulldozed when you load in. I have all packs installed (except batuu and most of the kits). This started occurring some time over the summer. Sometimes when I relaunch the game it'll work fine, but most times the error occurs and it happens regardless of playing online or offline. I've tried clearing my cashes and fully reinstalling the game fresh. I don't use any mods. I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this, I just want to be able to play the game. 

Message 64 of 402 (3,432 Views)

Re: Lots on existing saves all have exclamation mark and active lot is gone

Hero
@ButternutGnocchi I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 402 (3,381 Views)

'WARNING' <!> signs every where

what is happening..?

There are 'WARNING' <!> signs every where. When I open a lot, it completely deletes. Some have already been deleted. Might a mod have ruined my game..?

_WARNING_ !

Message 66 of 402 (3,378 Views)

Re: 'WARNING' <!> signs every where

I solved this by completely un/reinstalling the game (Backed up saves, removed majority of mods)

Message 67 of 402 (3,351 Views)

Any external save files I add are unusable

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids room stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler stuff ,Laundry Day, Tiny Living, and Paranormal stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put an external file into your saves from a flash drive.
What happens when the bug occurs? The external files say "restart required."(Which I don't know how to do) And when I open them there are simply hazard signs, and it's my most recent normal save file.
What do you expect to see? The correct save file ready to play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, my sims copy of the simsie save was working fine until I recently transferred over my nsb save using a flash drive. Now both of them say restart required. Whenever I open my game, I get my most recent normal save file and it has a bunch of warning signs on it. I've repaired my game, no change. I've taken out the save folder and placed it back in- no difference. What do I need to do?

Message 68 of 402 (3,365 Views)

Re: Any external save files I add are unusable

Hero
@Solaranimal1 Merging this with the main thread on the exclamation marks.

Do your houses disappear if you load them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 402 (3,300 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 70 of 402 (3,105 Views)