Re: Unusual Painter Career Outfit

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Random clothing after promotion/grades Up

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Issue

Returning home after promotion in Painter and Tech Guru careers in my game results in the sim wearing random clothing.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Although I've seen the fashion weirdness with my sim in the Tech Guru career as well, the pic attached shows how my sim in the Painter career returned home after being promoted to Watercolor Dabbler, level 4.  While definitely humorous, I don't think this is an intended result, lol.

Picture

Attached

Where does the bug occur ?

I just had this weirdness yesterday but came across a thread in General Discussion on the forum last night.  Looks like it is occurring across multiple games for simmers.  http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893653/what-on-earth-is-my-sim-wearing#latest

Mods/CC

Vanilla game, never used mods/cc

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All released to date

Occurring since

Not sure, I've just noticed it.  I couldn't find an existing thread about it on the AHQ site.

Operating system

Windows 10 Home 64bit, fully updated

Message 1 of 35 (6,080 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Random clothing after promotion/grades Up

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a similar thread here; https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-didn-t-put-on-their-work-outfit-and-wear-random-c... but I couldn't duplicate this.

For children you may post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Kids-wearing-random-outfits-when-they-get-home-fro...

Archiving this as it doesn't use the template.

Please post in either of the linked threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (4,834 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Random clothing after promotion

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@dolldrms1 Thanks for the report and info, we'll look into this.

Message 2 of 35 (5,966 Views)

★★ Novice
It's still happening for me Frown
Message 3 of 35 (5,959 Views)

Hero

@JessieLoveable18

I don't think it's the same issue they fixed before. The old bug was about make-up.

Merged you into this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (5,956 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you @crinrict
Message 5 of 35 (5,930 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (5,903 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could we possibly get a save file from anyone experiencing this issue? Thanks for the assistance!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 35 (5,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Here's the link to my save where this occurs:

https://www.mediafire.com/?nci09l6nb723d7z

The family name is Ford in Newcrest.  Since my op she received a promotion to level 5 of the painter career and returned home from work wearing the same clothes as in my pic of her promotion to level 4.  I can't say with certainty but rolling back to an earlier save may get you to before the level 5 promotion.  I'm currently playing a different save and don't recall precisely how soon after the promotion I changed games.

BTW, the house the Ford family is living in is the one that is pictured in my report on the auto-lights not turning off.  You might have 2 problems you can check.  I say might because the auto-light thing is really hit or miss and not a constant occurrence.

Ooops, edited to tag @SimGuruNick

Message 8 of 35 (5,878 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you so much for the save! Super appreciated! We'll investigate. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 35 (5,873 Views)

★ Pro

You're welcome for the save.  Hope it proves helpful.  Also hope others have saves they can send, too.

Message 10 of 35 (5,867 Views)