Re: Rank reset

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

Rank reset

★★★ Newbie

Hi my name is jack and i am wondering if i could possilby get my rank in ranked leagues reset, when the new season came out my younger brother played my placement matches and got me into a bad rank while i was at school, could i please get my rank reset so that i can play my placement matches to get my proper rank. Thank you 

Message 1 of 2 (82 Views)

Re: Rank reset

@revanantOP1 

Welcome to the forum. I know that the answer below will not be what you are looking for but it is worth reading and thinking about. 

Count yourself lucky that that is all that happened. Letting others play on your account is a big no no as this can lead to other problems, like when someone else on your account performs an action in game that can lead to EA takeing action on your account or when they spend your in game currency on things you do not want. 

In these cases there is nothing EA can assist you with about that as your account is your responsibility.

I would suggest changing your passwords etc and do not let others use your account so that it is safe and secure.

Here are some tips I have written in the past about account security:

1. Use strong passwords for you game account.
  2. Use strong passwords for the associated E-mail account.
  3. Do not share either of these passwords with others.
  4. Enable two factor identification for both the game and associated E-mail accounts.
  5. Do not let others use your game account (Friends and family alike) because if they do something wrong on your account it is still your fault, nobody wants to have a sanction on their account because somebody else did or said something wrong.
  6. Do not use internet café’s to access your account and play, you do not know what software is on the hardware there, you do not know if the hardware at the cafe has a hardware ban and this can affect your account in a negative way.

A. I would suggest only accessing your account with your own trusted hardware, gaming on another person’s hardware brings some of the same risks as above.

B. I would also suggest not letting others use your hardware in order to play with their account, because if they get a hardware ban on your hardware while using it, it can have a negative affect on your account.

C. Buying used hardware comes with risks as well. The hardware could have been banned and this is not an EA problem but a problem between the buyer and the seller. 

About point 6, A, B and C. I do know that not everyone can afford multiple hardware setups for the entire family and there is trust that has to be there, talking about the does and don’ts on the use of shared hardware should be done so everybody can enjoy what they do on the hardware and everyone can be safe.

With all that in Mind there is now way that you will be able to have your placement matches reset. Talk to your Bro and learn from the experience.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)