Re: Cannot access account, and customer support won't help.

by CrimsonHarpy147

Original Post

Cannot access account, and customer support won't help.

★★★★ Novice

I have had my collector's edition account since launch and have spent a lot of time and money on it.  I have finally gone and lost my security key so can no longer access my account, but I am not receiving the one time password I need in my emails to remove it.  I have tried multiple times, have tried linking my account to gmail, and have also checked my email filters and spam folder.  

After spending a long time messing with it, I gave up and decided to call customer support only to be refused help because they cannot find my email address even though I have only ever used the same one since day one of playing. I also tested this address by clicking on forgotten display name and it arrived within a minute.  

It is also worth mentioning that I have a subscription on this account that I can no longer make use of or even stop.  

If anyone has any ideas as to why I am not receiving the one time password or how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it as I am ready to pull my hair out! I am seriously shocked at the poor customer support for a customer that has played for such a long time and have been showing my support for the game for years.  

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 12 (1,158 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I as many others had similar issue. 

SWOTR.com does no longer service this. Log into SWOTR with your EA credentials, and issue should get resolved. 

At least it did for me. GL

Message 2 of 12 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for replying.

What do you mean log into SWTOR with my EA credentials? The only way to log in is with my display name, password and security key.  I have never played SWTOR through origin and SWTOR does not show on origin even though I use the same email address for both.  

Message 3 of 12 (1,137 Views)

Hero

@CrimsonHarpy147

For the one-time password, if you are not receiving it, I would check out the steps in this guide here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 12 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Belgorad

Thank you for your help, but I have already tried all of these options.

SWTOR is in my safe-senders list and I cannot change my SWTOR email address without being able to access my account.  Phoning customer support also doesn't help as they are claiming they cannot find my email address in their system even though I can receive my display name email in less than a minute when I click on forgotten display name.  

Message 5 of 12 (1,125 Views)

@CrimsonHarpy147

What is the swtor username for reference ?

See this guide link, the swtor account will be linked to an EA account 

Changing the Email address and password on say the EA account changes the email and password on the swtor account.

This is what @Hermedic was referring too in regards to login with the EA details being the EA password with the swtor username.

Interesting the displayname email turns up ok using the email address yet doesnt appear to linked to the account.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 12 (1,105 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@proxos666

Thanks for replying.

The SWTOR username I am referring to is Flaize. 

I understand what you mean now. I only have a couple of emails that I use and I have triple checked all of them. The one that I receive SWTOR emails to is the one that I gave them but they insist they don't have my email address which makes no sense.  

I really don't know what else to do as no one will help me. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,089 Views)

@CrimsonHarpy147

Can only recommend thinking back if there was another email used at the time the account was set up.

other then trying to call again and see if you can provide any other information to verify the account maybe say the credit card stored on the account if it has an active subscription.

unfortunately not much can be done from the forums. CS has a very strict process they must follow for account verification, it will be a matter of trying to work with them to get enough information required for the account.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 12 (1,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@proxos666

I have been speaking to EA today and have gotten nowhere. I gave them all possible email addresses (including any old ones I can think of - I don't use many) it could be but they say they do not have a Star Wars account linked to them. I have no idea what has happened.

When I spoke to SWOTR customer support on the phone they insisted that I had to have the correct email address and did not give me any other options of verifying my account, although I will call again on Monday and try to speak to someone different.  

I appreciate that not much can be done from here, but I sincerely appreciate your help. It is very frustrating to know that I have possibly lost my account of 8 years all because I lost my security key. I have never needed the email address for my account until now as I have always been very careful about keeping it safe.

I will keep persevering! 

Message 9 of 12 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Is the Security Key being supported? I have mine (also from the Collector's Edition) but it seems the Code is always wrong, despite multiple attempts.
Message 10 of 12 (975 Views)