Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Introducing the Champions

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Introducing the Champions

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone!

We have some good news for all of you interested in helping your fellow gamer on AHQ: the Champions are here. Users that have proven to be among the most helpful on AHQ will earn the Champion rank, to recognize their efforts and displayed under their username, to showcase to our community that they are a trusted helping hand.

On top of that, users will receive the following advantages:

- The possibility to tag another user in their reply, like so: @EA_Francois 

- The ability to add a signature to their posts, to add their flair to any thread they post in.

- The access to post in a social area on Answer HQ, the Barracks, nested under the Academy. Everyone can see what's said in the Barracks, but only Champions and Heroes can participate!

Finally, Champions will receive a small token of our gratitude.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 1 of 2 (10,796 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Introducing the Champions

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a Champion?

Answer HQ users become eligible for Champion selection when they reach 100 posts on Answer HQ, and have been active with us on the community for over a month. Members of our Hero Program or EA Staff can then select who should be named a Champion, through co-optation. The purpose of the Champion program is to enable helpful members of our community in their endeavors to assist other players, and reward their efforts.

How can I increase my chances of becoming a Champion?

The first thing you need to keep in mind is that Heroes and EA Staff are the ones deciding who's worthy to be a Champion.

The second thing you need to keep in mind is that Heroes were once new users on Answer HQ too, and probably have very valuable insight into how to improve and hone your helping skills. A barrage of generic cookie-cutter responses or troubleshooting steps that may not be applicable to a user's situation will most likely be a lot less useful to you or anyone than an answer that is well-researched and to the point. :smileyhappy:

Third, if you have a question for a Hero or if you think you could benefit from some help, it's ok to ask. Most Heroes will repond favorably to a kind request for feedback, and are willing to offer tips and advice.

For more insight into how to improve the quality of your help and ultimately your chances to become a Champion, take a look at Crinrict's Golden Rules of Helping.

What do Champions get?

Champions will receive the following advantages:

- The possibility to tag another user in their reply, like so: @EA_Francois  (type @ and then add the user's name)

- The ability to add a signature to their posts, to add their flair to any thread they post in.

- The access to post in a social area on Answer HQ, the Barracks. Everyone can see what's said in the Barracks, but only Champions and Heroes can participate!

Finally, Champions receive a small token of our gratitude.

So, what's the difference between Heroes and Champions?

The Heroes are users that have shown an outstanding level of engagement with our community. By consistently sharing their knowledge and experience to help their fellow gamers and by displaying an attitude in line with Answer HQ’s values, they have earned their place among the Heroes.

Champions are users who have demonstrated their will to help and are recognized by our Heroes as having the potential to become Heroes themselves. They are typically still relatively new to AHQ and have a thing or two to learn still. Becoming a Champion is the first step to becoming a Hero!

Alright, so what's the catch?

There's no catch! We want to reward users for their efforts, and make their posts more visible. We do however expect our Champions to exhibit a common level of courtesy on Answer HQ and other EA platforms, towards all members of EA communities. Failure to comply could lead to removal from the program.

This user's stats are lower than mine yet they are a Champion and I'm not, how is that?

Since Champions are co-opted in by our Heroes, it is entirely possible that someone with a lower postcount or who has arrived more recently be a Champion. If you are wondering why that user has been chosen, ask yourself how you could improve the quality of your posts. It may be worth checking out the Academy!

"Token of our gratitude"? What's that?

This consists in a free game from our classic EA Catalogue. This catalogue comprises some fantastic classic games as well as lesser-known titles. There's surely something for you in there! Click on the spoiler tag below to reveal the list.

Spoiler
Alchemy
Amazing Adventures Around the World
Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights
Amazing Adventures The Caribbean Secret
Amazing Adventures The Lost Tomb
Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Dynasty
Bejeweled 3
Bejeweled Twist
Big Money
Bookworm Adventures
Bookworm Adventures Volume 2
Bookworm Deluxe
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Crusader: No Regret
Crusader: No Remorse
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2
Dynomite!
Escape Rosecliff Island
Escape The Emerald Star
Escape Whisper Valley
Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe
Insaniquarium
Lands of Lore III
Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
Magic Carpet
Medal of Honor Airborne
Mirror's Edge
My Sims
Mystery P.I. - The Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove
Mystery P.I. - The London Caper
Mystery P.I. - The Lottery Ticket
Mystery P.I. - The New York Fortune
Mystery P.I. - The Vegas Heist
Peggle
Peggle Nights
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition
Populous
Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Spore Creature Creator
Starflight
Starflight 2
Syndicate (1993)
Theme Hospital
Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness
Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress
Ultima III: Exodus
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima IX: Ascension
Ultima Underworld 1
Ultima Underworld 2
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Ultima VIII: Gold Edition
Vacation Quest - Australia
Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands
Wing Commander
Wing Commander II
Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander IV: THe Price of Freedom
Wing Commander: Privateer
Zuma's Revenge

That's it! If you think this could be you, it's up to you to earn your way among the Champions! Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 2 (10,375 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help