Original Post

Highlighted

[GUIDE] Email Validation and One Time Passwords

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Email Validation

I have a Free2Play account with no email address associated and:

The validation email isn't arriving.

• Add no-reply@bioware.swtor.com to your safe-senders list.
  • Try entering a different email address. If you're using Gmail, you can use either googlemail.com or gmail.com as the same address, or you can add/remove dots: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

I'm getting an "Invalid URL" error when I click on the verification link.

• Wait 10 minutes and try the same verification link again.
  • Delete all previous SWTOR email verification messages, send a new one and wait 10 minutes before clicking on the verification link.

I have a existing F2P/Preferred/Premium account with an email address and:

I'm unable to log on to characters above Level 20.

• If you're trying to send a validation email to the address that's already on your account, the system will not send it. You can temporarily use a different email address, validate it, and then change back to your original one.
  • Log on to the Basic Information page using the same Display Name you use on the Launcher, check the existing email address, and use a different one. If you're using Gmail, you can use either googlemail.com or gmail.com as the same address, or you can add/remove dots: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en

I'm getting an "Invalid URL" error when I click on the verification link.

• Wait 10 minutes and try the same verification link again.
  • Delete all previous SWTOR email verification messages, send a new one and wait 10 minutes before clicking on the verification link.

One Time Passwords

The OTP emails are not arriving.

• Delete all previous OTP emails from SWTOR, then request a new one.
  • If there is still no sign of any OTP emails, you will need to call our Account & Billing team who will be able to get you logged in.

The OTP I received is incorrect.

• Delete all previous OTP emails from SWTOR, then request a new one. Make sure you're entering the OTP within 15 minutes of it being requested.
  • If the OTP emails are taking longer than 15 minutes to arrive, you will need to call our Account & Billing team who will be able to get you logged in.

The OTP emails are being sent to the wrong email address.

• Try to recover access to the email address if at all possible. Most email providers are helpful when it comes to recovering access to an old email address.
  • If you're unable to recover the email address, or if it doesn't exist anymore (ISP or EDU email accounts), you will need to call our Account & Billing team who will be able to help you.

Message 1 of 1 (6,554 Views)
promo

Connection Troubleshooting

Issues with connecting to the game or the launcher? Getting lag spikes, high latency, or disconnections?

Check troubleshooting!

Maintaining Account Security

Keeping your account security up to date is very important if you want to keep your characters, items, and personal information safe!

View More
promo

Attach & Remove Security Key

Lost your Security Key? Got a new phone and need to set up a new Security Key? Check out this guide for detailed instructions!

View More