Re: Sims 3 Launcher not downloading expansions

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher not downloading expansions

★ Novice

I just reinstalled sims 3 through the EA app and a bunch of expansions though when I try to play none of the expansions are downloaded and when I try to download them on the launcher they just take me back to the EA app. I've tried reinstalling everything and still not working. I can't even find the expansions folder or anything that shows they're downloaded to the electronic arts folder or sims 3 folder. 

Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher not downloading expansions

@lroley12  There's no way to download packs through the launcher.  The "install packs" button is supposed to simply redirect you to your game library so you can download any missing packs.  However, if the packs are already downloaded, yet they're not showing in the launcher, the issue is entirely different: the codes for those packs aren't valid for some reason, and the EA App is blocking them from loading.

If you want to make sure your packs are installed, you can check in [install location]\The Sims 3, which is separate from the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  To see the full path, open the App game library, click Sims 3, and select Manage > View properties.

If the packs are installed but not loading, please list the affected packs and where you bought them, e.g. on disc or directly from EA.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (178 Views)