Sims 3 Launcher is acting strange[Mac]

by Potatobird549

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 3 Launcher is acting strange[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[MAC] i recently downloaded some custom content from the simresource and i didn't zip my files or anything and i accidentally clicked on one of my downloaded items from the folder which sent me to my launcher after i put in them Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/Download. the launcher froze and i had to force quit. i reopened my launcher and saw all my downloads in the download section. i tried to install all but it said that my game is running and that i have to quit the game. i did this about five times before giving up. i zipped all my files and deleted the custom content and downloaded them again but the message still popped up. even when i try to press play the same message pops up. This is the message:

"Cannot start the process while Game is running. Please quit the game and try again."

Can someone please help me? The game worked before I downloaded the custom content.

@Bluebellflora   please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher is acting strange[Mac]

@Potatobird549

Open Activity Monitor and look for The Sims 3 in the list of processes. It may be in red as it probably isn't responding. Select it then click on the X in the top left corner (not the red X) to wait the process. Now try again. You may need to delete your cache files too if you've been adding and deleting CC/Mods.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)