Re: can't install games

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

can't install games

★★★ Newbie

Hey I was hoping to get some help in regards to installing my Sims3 games onto origin, I've got almost all of them which were on my mum's laptop from when I was a kid but since then the laptop has broken. I have a new Origin and wish to install them but can't since my laptop has no disk slot being an older Macbook. I was just wondering if there was anyway around this? I'm desperate to play Sims3 since being in isolation and I prefer it over the newer Sims4.

Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)

@hipsterlauraaa  You can register the codes for your base game and packs in Origin and download them for free.  If you ever did register the codes, either in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com ), your content should already be in your Origin game library.  Just login with the same email and password you used back then.

By the way, if you get an unknown error, it's usually fixable with a bit of work.  Just let me know which packs you've installed, and any you'd like to install but haven't yet, as well as the full specs of your Mac.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (280 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Sadly I have no idea if at the time I had an origin account let alone the log in details as I was younger and probably used an email of my mum's. And the old Sims 3 site won't let me log in it keeps taking me to the registration page.
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

@hipsterlauraaa  You could try registering your codes in your Origin account now; maybe you never used them before.  Try the base game first, and stop there if it's been used, since it's a pain to transfer content from one account to another.

If you did use the codes, you could ask your mom to enter her old email addresses in Origin's login window (app or website, either one works) and click "I forgot my password," then look for a password recovery email from EA.  Any address connected to an account should get that email.  From there, she could help you change the account's email address and password.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)