Re: Simport

by Syannaxx

Original Post

Simport

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

Has anybody been able to get simport working? 

i"m trying to bet a friend to host my sim, but when I try I get stuck on a loading screen for around 20 minutes and then it fails. 

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (503 Views)

@Syannaxx  The Simport has always been finicky, unfortunately.  Do you and your friend own all the same packs?  In theory it shouldn't matter, but in practice, if the sim in question has clothing that comes from a pack not present in the host's game, the process might hang.  Or it might hang because EA servers are being difficult.

I know it's not what you asked, but I'd definitely make a backup copy of your save before doing this.  I've heard of saves being corrupted by the Simport process: either it doesn't end on the recipient's side, or the sim disappears permanently from the original game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

We don't have the same packs. 

My sim actually has some cc outfits and clothes from the store. Maybe it would be worth removing the cc and store content to make it a bit easier. 

I'll definitely make a backup copy. I tried simport a few days ago with another friend and it completely broke my game. It wouldn't even launch afterwards. I had to remove all of the files from my library before it would launch again. 

Thanks for the advice!

Message 3 of 4 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I created a backup save and tried again, with the cc and store content and it's worked! 

Message 4 of 4 (456 Views)