Re: How to re-buy The Sims 3 Pets keycode

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How to re-buy The Sims 3 Pets keycode

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I bought The Sims 3 Pets on my Mac and downloaded it through Origin. After having download issues (as I can now see most people are having) I got a refund for it. I now may have actually figured out a way for it to work and I have downloaded it. But now in the install page I need the product code and the installer menu says “no_keycode” how do I buy this code back when Origin says that I have already purchased it? Thank you for your help! 

Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)

@Gracieeg1  You'll need to wait for the refund to go through.  If that has happened, if you have the money back in your bank account, but the pack is still appearing in your game library, please contact EA customer support to have it removed.  Try this link:

https://help.ea.com/en/help-contact-us/?product=the-sims-3&platform=&topic=missing-game&category=man...

Make sure you're signed into an EA site (this one is fine) before clicking the link and that the location in the lower-right corner of the browser window is set to U.S. or U.K.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (333 Views)

★ Novice

Hi thank you for your reply. It was helpful and I got onto someone in the chat. Unfortunately, they helped me get rid of the sims 3 pets that I bought which i managed to get the installer up for but was just missing the code because I got a refund. I have now re-bought the game and now I can’t even get passed the finalisation process when downloading… had there been another way to see my code I wouldn’t be having this issue. Any tips? I have cleared cache, done origin troubleshooter, deleted the sims 3 pets download files and re-downloaded, etc. 

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

@Gracieeg1  Try running the Origin reset tool:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If that doesn't help, downloading Pets using a new admin account on your Mac.  Run the Origin reset tool again first.

You could in theory contact EA support again and get the Pets code itself.  A support rep should be able to see it on their end.  From there, even if the download is stuck finalizing, you might be able to manually run the installer, but that won't help without the code.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (289 Views)