Re: Origin Games Won't Launch

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: directX

★★★ Newbie

Hi

It does not work. I get the attached errormessage (docx-file).

I also attach the DXerror.log file, which partly is i n danish :-)  "Adgang nægtet" means Access denied

Message 1 of 5 (538 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem .... DirectX is not available. (1002) (0x0000002-0x8876086A)

If someone can help me... Frown 

Message 2 of 5 (539 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@meganefilion - You should be able to solve this problem by running the directx installer directly. Default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\__Installer\directx\redist 

Close SimCity and Origin

Right-click dxsetup.exe and choose "run as administrator"

Accept any prompts and let the installer run

Try running SimCity again

Message 3 of 5 (502 Views)

★★ Novice

heyy BlackjackWindow

unfortunetly it didn't work !! 

do you have another trick that I could try ??

Meganefilion

Message 4 of 5 (485 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@meganefilion - I'm sorry that didn't work. You need DirectX 9; technically, newer versions are supposed to switch and act like 9, but it doesn't always seem to work seamlessly. Try uninstalling the game and Origin, then install DirectX 9 directly from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=34429  Always run installation files "As Administrator".

I've read where sometimes the graphics drivers are the issue with this error, so make sure that windows and your graphics drivers are updated to the newest versions. 

Definitely post back on whether it worked. If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report. How to Dxdiag Good luck and Happy Building!

Message 5 of 5 (479 Views)