March 2013 - last edited July 2017 by EA_Mai
When reporting technical issues, it would help speed our investigation time if you can post the DirectX Diagnostics (“DxDiag”) file for the computer the issue was seen on. Please follow the steps below and attach your DxDiag in your reply.
To get your DxDiag report:
1. Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2. You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3. Type dxdiag in the text field
4. Click OK
5. If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6. If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available
7. Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8. Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
To post your DxDiag either:
1. Select the 'Choose file' button below the post box
2. Find the DxDiag file and select it - hit Open
3. Add text to your post and hit Submit
1. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
2. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
3. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.
This will help us find and fix the problem as fast as possible.