Re: new game keeps crashing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

new game keeps crashing

★★ Novice

so i just installed a completely new game today through origin. 

went through cas and moved the household into a lot. 

after about thirty seconds of live mode, the game crashes. 

this happens every time i boot the game up with that household. 

no mods, no cc. 

i only have base game, no extra packs. 

new save.

it's literally a new game. 

i'm not sure why the game keeps crashing. i'm sure i meet the system requirements. 

please help. 

thanks! 

Message 1 of 6 (444 Views)

@YangYeeMo  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether you've added any mods or custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (424 Views)

★★ Novice

i have no cc and no mods! 

attached is the dxdiag

Message 3 of 6 (408 Views)

@YangYeeMo  What world are you playing in?  As a test, please try placing a new sim in Willow Creek and playing there for a bit.

If the game crashes again, look for a related error in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4, or any that happen at the same time as the crash, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a reply here.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

If there are no RM errors related to the Sims 4 crash, that's also useful information, so let me know.

Message 4 of 6 (372 Views)

★★ Novice

hi, so i created a new save. was in CAS making a new sim when the game crashed again 

followed your instructions for the reliability monitor, and nothing is related to ts4/origin. 

apparently windows simply just shut down during that time. more details in the attached screenshot 

Message 5 of 6 (341 Views)

@YangYeeMo  I'd like to see the results of some hardware monitoring.   Download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything if you don't want to; just choose the Portable version, unzip it, and launch it from Downloads or wherever you want.  (If you would like to install, be sure to click the button for hwinfo itself, not for lansweeper.)  Restart your computer, and don't open any other apps.  Launch hwinfo, choose "sensors only," and click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the file to your desktop for easy access later.

Wait five minutes, then launch Sims 4 until it crashes or freezes.  If your computer is still running, click the same button to end logging; if the system crashes or you need to force a shut down, the log should still be intact up to that point.  Just in case though, please let me know exactly how long you were able to play before the game stopped working.  Upload the log to a third-party free filehosting site and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format, or if you use OneDrive to share, please compress it in .zip format instead.

Message 6 of 6 (331 Views)