Re: Sims4 add ons not working

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims4 add ons not working

★★★ Newbie

I've recently logged back in to play TS4, had to get rid of Origin and Install EA play for Windows. 

I played last night with zero issues, all packs were there, etc. 

When I log in today and start my game a window pops up that says "you need to purchase 11 required packs for this save file. Or, you can play the save anyway. Content from unowned packs will be removed, potentially making the save corrupted and unplayable"

Yet, when I hover over the "required packs" it says "you own this" on every one of them. 

I took the chance and loaded the save, but I've only got base game neighborhoods and items available. 

I went back to my library in the EA app, and went to "manage add-ons", everything says it is installed. 

I have Vintage glamour stuff, tiny living, seasons, laundry day stuff, island living, holiday celebration, get to work, eco lifestyle, dine out, city living, cats & dogs.

I am logging in with the same origin credentials so it's not a matter of the wrong account. 

Please help! 

Message 1 of 6 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

@mjo0906  If you have the CAS Demo installed, please see this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-claims-packs-are-installed-yet-they-are-not/td-...

Otherwise, please run searches for two or three of your missing packs.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter the folder name for one of the missing packs in the search field in the upper-right corner.  This is the full list of packs:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/extras-2/available-packs-dlc/

For example, if you're looking for Seasons, you'd search for EP05 .  Wait for the search to finish, then make sure the full file path is showing under each result.  If it's not, expand the window sideways as necessary.  Take a screenshot using Windows key-shift-S and attach it to a reply here.  Then repeat for one or two more packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (873 Views)

All Replies

@mjo0906  If you have the CAS Demo installed, please see this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-claims-packs-are-installed-yet-they-are-not/td-...

Otherwise, please run searches for two or three of your missing packs.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter the folder name for one of the missing packs in the search field in the upper-right corner.  This is the full list of packs:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/extras-2/available-packs-dlc/

For example, if you're looking for Seasons, you'd search for EP05 .  Wait for the search to finish, then make sure the full file path is showing under each result.  If it's not, expand the window sideways as necessary.  Take a screenshot using Windows key-shift-S and attach it to a reply here.  Then repeat for one or two more packs.

Message 2 of 6 (874 Views)

★ Novice

Sims 4 cats and dogs still not working after going to support. Not much help. Was informed that the issue is known and tech support is working to resolve the issue. Yet, I have an add on that I want to play and tired of playing the same scenarios over and over again. Its been months. SMH

Message 3 of 6 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dashaward  Please let me know whether Cats & Dogs shows as owned in your EA App game library.  Click Sims 4, choose Manage > Manage Add-ons, and look for C&D on the list.  If you see a Download button, click it.  If you see it listed as installed, please run the search I described in my last post.  C&D's folder is EP04 .

If C&D does NOT show as owned, let me know.

Message 4 of 6 (802 Views)

★ Novice

It shows as owned and the add on is already downloaded.  Some of the other add on's work but I can't get it to work or travel to

the other worlds that are included with

the add on. it says, "Something went wrong, try again later." It's been months still no solution or progress.

Message 5 of 6 (793 Views)

@dashaward  Then as mentioned, please run the search and post the results.

Message 6 of 6 (785 Views)