Re: Sims 4 lagging. I need help!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 lagging. I need help!

★ Novice

Hello. It’s been a long time since i’ve played sims. My friend surprised me by gifting me the game with the DLCs 

But it’s been lagging when i move the camera. The mouvements are not smooth but chopped. 

I’ve tried everything. I dont even have any mods. My game option graphic are medium-low and i turned off the post processing effects and uncompressed sim textures. 

I need help please, it’s very annoying specially since i love this game. 

Message 1 of 9 (867 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@simmysimskat Are ypu playiung this game on a pc, mac, or console? Has the game always lagged?

Message 2 of 9 (825 Views)

@simmysimskat  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether this issue shows up in a new save.  If you haven't tested yet, please do so now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 9 (815 Views)

★ Novice

I’m playing on PC. And I just started playing 1 week ago but yes it is still lagging a little 

Message 4 of 9 (810 Views)

@simmysimskat  A dxdiag would be helpful here.

Message 5 of 9 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Here is my dxdiag

And what do you mean by “a new save” 😅

Message 6 of 9 (775 Views)

@simmysimskat  By a new save, I mean please load the game to the Main Menu, click New Game, create a household (you don't have to spend much time on it; this is just for testing), place it in-game, and see whether you get any lag.

Please also let me know whether your computer feels excessively hot, or hotter than you remember, after you've been playing for a bit.  If the laptop is overheating, that could explain the lag as the system throttles performance to protect itself.

Message 7 of 9 (757 Views)

★ Novice

Yes my Pc does feel hotter than normal when i play de game. And it still does lag when i tried a new save game

Message 8 of 9 (730 Views)

@simmysimskat  It's entirely possible that your laptop is overheating and throttling, and there's an easy way to check if you want.  Download a tool that monitors temperatures: CPU-Z and GPU-Z, for the processor and graphics card, respectively, are lightweight and easy to use; hwinfo captures data from every sensor, so it's more info to sift through, but it'll give you everything at once.

You can also send me an hwinfo log to look at if you want.  Download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything if you don't want to; just choose the Portable version, unzip it, and launch it from Downloads or wherever you want.  (If you would like to install, be sure to click the button for hwinfo itself, not for lansweeper.)  Restart your computer, and don't open any other apps.  Launch hwinfo, choose "sensors only," and click the icon that's a sheet of paper with a + sign to start logging.  Save the file to your desktop for easy access later.

Wait five minutes, then launch Sims 4 and play for 20 minutes, in a new save, or until it crashes.  Click the same button to end logging.  Then upload the log to a third-party free filehosting site and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format, or if you use OneDrive to share, please compress it in .zip format instead.

Message 9 of 9 (724 Views)