Re: Sims 4 crashing on title screen - surface pro

by Aronoh88

Original Post

Re: Game is not freezing - may have deleted folders?

★★★★★ Newbie

hey thanks for answering! I tried reinstalling the game as you proposed but sadly it didn't solve the problem. 

I'm going to attach the dsdiag hereStandard smile 

Message 61 of 64 (184 Views)

@carl1carl3carl5  Please try the suggestions in the accepted solution of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC/Sims-4-Crashing-Freezing-Lag-Surface-Pro-7/td-p/13439205

Even though you don't have a Surface Pro 7, your Surface has a processor and graphics chip in the same family and uses the same graphics driver.

If this doesn't help, please confirm that you've removed the Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts so the game has spawned a new one, and that you haven't added any content back (or OneDrive hasn't added it for you).  You can check the dates of the files in the saves folder—there shouldn't be anything older than the most recent save you made to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 62 of 64 (174 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you so much! I just found the solution. Someone mentioned the "variable refresh rate" being turned on after an update and that did it for me. Thank you!!Standard smile

Message 63 of 64 (157 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on title screen - surface pro

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem on my Surface and this fixed it immediately. Thanks!

Message 64 of 64 (93 Views)