Re: No sound in-game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

No sound in-game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello

I'm coming back to the sims 4 after a few months. When I launch the game I have no sound, except when I go in the options, in music, and I play any track. In that case, the track plays as normal.

I have sound everywhere else on my computer but not in game. When I create my sims, I can hear some sims voices when I edit it, but not every sim.

I checked the ingame options and every sound slider is at 100%, the game is not muted in the windows sound mixer, I have not the -nosound argument, I tried fixes seen here on the forums like activating spatial sound or deleting config and option files

I updated all my drivers, I disabled all my mods, I deleted my Sims 4 folder in Documents, but I still have no sound

I'm getting desesperate, does anyone have any idea ? Thanks

Edit : In the sound option, only the "Voices" and "UI Sound" make a sound when I use them

Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Re: No sound in-game

@xXcarotteXx  Please try a different sound output device that uses a different connection, e.g. built-in speakers vs. headphones connected via jack.

If the new device also doesn't play sound, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)