Re: No option to redownload sims4 packs

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No option to redownload sims4 packs

★★★ Newbie

i accidentially deleted steam and I forgot my password but i couldnt make a new one because there was "additional security", so i messaged steam about it and they fixed that. but i downloaded the holiday pack on steam and when i deleted steam the holiday pack deleted too, so when i tried logging into the sims 4, it said all saves using the holiday pack were likely to be corrupted if i tried using them.  when i logged on to the ea app, it wanted me to connect it with steam and I did that. but weirdly, the sims had to restart itself and i dont mean the ea app just the sims. so i had to redownload all of my packs. and i thought  thats what happened. then i created a new steam account to try and help but that made it even worse. now all of my packs are not downloaded BUT the worst bit is that there is NO BUTTON TO DOWNLOAD THEM AGAIN!!!! it just says PLAY where the DOWNLOAD button should be. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

Message 1 of 6 (195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there @rosa_e13 

Please look over the Connections section on your EA account to verify if your Steam is currently linked to your EA account. 

If it's still linked, please unlink the accounts and try claiming Holiday Celebration in the EA app again. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (96 Views)

All Replies

@rosa_e13  What happens if you click Play, as in, does the game launch?  Are your packs present?

I'm also not clear on whether you own any other content through Steam.  The holiday pack is free and you could claim it through the EA App.  So what is it that you own in Steam that you don't have access to anymore?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have managed to download all of my packs again and i can now play the game. but when i try to open any past saves which included the holiday pack, it says it might be corrupted if opened. i have just come to the conclusion that i will just start again without the holiday pack. there is an option to download it in the ea app but when i press download nothing happens. 

after i redownloded steam, it wasnt connected to the ea app anymore. i only bought packs unsing the ea app, not steam. so when i was openning the sims after i got steam back, it was the steam version, not the ea one without all my packs, but i deleted the steam version.

sorry if this is all over the place and doesnt make any sense 

Message 3 of 6 (125 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there @rosa_e13 

Please look over the Connections section on your EA account to verify if your Steam is currently linked to your EA account. 

If it's still linked, please unlink the accounts and try claiming Holiday Celebration in the EA app again. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 6 (97 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh my gosh thank you so much it worked!!!

Message 5 of 6 (89 Views)

Community Manager

@rosa_e13 

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you were able to get your pack claimed and installed Standard smile

If you run into any other issues, feel free to give us a shout! 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (85 Views)