Re: My sims 4 is laggy in gamemode and buildmode

by lincarlssonnea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 4 is laggy in gamemode and buildmode

★ Novice

Hello friends! 

Hope someone can help me! 

So my sims game worked perfectly around 2/3 days agoo but yesyerday when I opened it, is was so laggy in game mode and even build mode. When I started it 2/3 days ago, I build a house and played with my sim without any problems. I have tried to set the graphics on low, taken out my mods and cc, updated the game and repaired the game but nothings seems to work. I´ve never had a problem with the game before. The loading screens, the "frontpage" (Where you see aöö the news in the game and can choose whether you want to play a scenario or with your lates savefile) and the worlds of the game are not laggy, it´s only when you choose a sim to play with the game starts lagging. 

Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you for the help 😁. It where my graphic card that was the problem. I didn’t had any drivers for the graphic card so I had to install them. Now the game works without any problems!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)

All Replies

@lincarlssonnea  Please test a new save in a clean user folder for the sake of comparison.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and let me know how it runs.

If you don't see any lag, copy your existing svae from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one, but don't move over anything else, at least not yet.  If that save runs fine too, you can start adding your mods and custom content or anything else you'd like to keep.

If the new save lags too, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (363 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you for the help 😁. It where my graphic card that was the problem. I didn’t had any drivers for the graphic card so I had to install them. Now the game works without any problems!
Message 3 of 3 (335 Views)