My previous sims 4 saves have dissapeared!

by girlfrontss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My previous sims 4 saves have dissapeared!

★ Novice

I used to play the sims back in October of 2021 but I deleted it because it took up space, I deleted it thinking that I could get it back because I saw a similar thread saying my files should be safe if I just reinstall with my origin account with the same password, username etc... however when i opened sims 4 to my dismay all of my saves were gone! This was very heartbreaking for me because I spent over 20 hours on three generations only for it to just be wiped. Is there a reason for this?? The game says I'm logged into the same origin account too. I have also linked a picture to my only save file now that my others have been deleted.

Message 1 of 3 (433 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My previous sims 4 saves have dissapeared!

@girlfrontss  Origin does not sync your saves, which are only stored on your computer.  (What you probably read is that your purchased content stays intact if you uninstall the game, which is true.)  So if you deleted the Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts, you deleted your saves and any other user content you created or downloaded, e.g. saved households or custom content.

However, you might get lucky and have a copy of your saves in OneDrive, that is if you use it.  Check OneDrive's Documents directory for a Sims 4 folder, and if you find one, move the saves and whatever else you'd like to keep back to the appropriate subfolders within Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

You can also search your computer for any stray saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click "This PC" in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search bar in the upper right corner.  If there are any other saves on your computer, this should find them.  Here again, you can move them back to the proper place and the game should read them again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (408 Views)

All Replies

@girlfrontss  Origin does not sync your saves, which are only stored on your computer.  (What you probably read is that your purchased content stays intact if you uninstall the game, which is true.)  So if you deleted the Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts, you deleted your saves and any other user content you created or downloaded, e.g. saved households or custom content.

However, you might get lucky and have a copy of your saves in OneDrive, that is if you use it.  Check OneDrive's Documents directory for a Sims 4 folder, and if you find one, move the saves and whatever else you'd like to keep back to the appropriate subfolders within Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

You can also search your computer for any stray saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click "This PC" in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search bar in the upper right corner.  If there are any other saves on your computer, this should find them.  Here again, you can move them back to the proper place and the game should read them again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (409 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict tysm my laptop got repaired and my non school files disappeared so i couldn't but still thank you so much for this help!!
Message 3 of 3 (355 Views)