Mods Folder is Missing

by MissinGamertag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods Folder is Missing

★★★ Newbie

So I already have mods in my game that work just fine, but the mods folder itself seems to have gone missing? I go to This PC > Windows (CStandard smile > Program Files(x86) > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Mods, but the file is completely empty and when I drag new mods into it they don't load up. Again, the mods I currently have installed work just fine in-game, but I'm assuming my mods folder is just missing or something and I have no idea where it could be.

Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mods Folder is Missing

@MissinGamertag  The Mods folder that the game reads is in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and if your mods are anywhere else, they won't be loaded.  Please delete the Mods folder in Program Files.  It shouldn't be there and can only cause problems.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

All Replies

@MissinGamertag  The Mods folder that the game reads is in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and if your mods are anywhere else, they won't be loaded.  Please delete the Mods folder in Program Files.  It shouldn't be there and can only cause problems.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict  I found the correct file in Documents! It's been a while since I downloaded mods, so I guess I just forgot where the actual file was. Thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)