Re: Game has run out of memory error

by sirbizzlehun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game has run out of memory error

★ Novice

Hello, im losing hope on my game. It started with red crosses in my gallery and the game freezed when i wanted to start a new game. My saves didn't even worked. I tried everything i found on the forums. I completely deleted Origin and the game but i still can't run the game, it crashes right after the logo and gives me the not enough memory error. I scanned everything but nothings wrong with my sistem, i updated everything. PLEASE HELP ME

Message 1 of 6 (3,355 Views)

Accepted Solution

@sirbizzlehun  There are a few much simpler things to try before you take that drastic step.  First, if Windows Defender's Controlled Folder Access is active, either disable it or set exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

If that doesn't help, try creating a new admin Windows account and playing in that.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into Origin and won't need to reinstall the game, but your saves and other user data won't be available.  That can be addressed later; for now, the question is whether you can play at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,253 Views)

All Replies

@sirbizzlehun  If you use a third-party antivirus, please set exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe, and if that doesn't help, let me know which antivirus you use.  Some of them have multiple settings that need to be adjusted.

Your dxdiag lists a few Windows errors that should be cleaned up as well, so please run a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

Message 2 of 6 (3,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

I use the built in windows defender. I tried everything but its still not working. I made a dxdiag again. Maybe i should reinstall my entire windows?

Message 3 of 6 (3,284 Views)

@sirbizzlehun  There are a few much simpler things to try before you take that drastic step.  First, if Windows Defender's Controlled Folder Access is active, either disable it or set exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

If that doesn't help, try creating a new admin Windows account and playing in that.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into Origin and won't need to reinstall the game, but your saves and other user data won't be available.  That can be addressed later; for now, the question is whether you can play at all.

Message 4 of 6 (3,254 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so so much! I set the .exe files as an exception in the defender and the game finally works now.Thank you im so grateful!

Message 5 of 6 (3,227 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This just saved me too, thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (165 Views)