[FIXED] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch - READ FIRST POST

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★ Novice

Product SIMS 4

Platform Windows PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything, i own all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The crash always occurs for me with in minutes of opening the cheat menu. I play vanilla, no mods and no cc. I only use the cheats: bb.moveobjects others. Every time i use a cheat; minus Kaching, the game freezes and crashes with no error code. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes. Then windows notifies me of the crash and closes it.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to be able to work with the cheats given to us. 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not no
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After this update, i have had very few crashes ever before this, but now i cant play more than 2 minutes after using a cheat code. Most recent crash file attached, was trying bb.moveobjects on one of the new pre-made lots that i had moved my sim into. 

Message 771 of 930 (974 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do we reverse the nosound argument in the command line. I tried delete the entire sims 4 files and restarting the game, and doing a repair and my sound now won't come back. I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall all my packs. Having no sound and no game crashes is great and all but I'd rather have sound and save my game every 5 mins.

Message 772 of 930 (967 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello!

My game keeps crashing when the sound gets stuck. Itll repeat a certain sound like a baby crying (scary I know) or like a accomplishment sound, anything really but then my game will crash.
Message 773 of 930 (949 Views)

★ Novice

I am having issues with the game crashing as well. The root cause is a sound issue for me. The sound will crackle then the game crashes. I have used the work around by going to game properties and typing in -nosound, and that seems to work. Please let us know when this issue might be corrected. 

Message 774 of 930 (934 Views)

★ Novice

My issue is the same. it’s very saddening because I have nothing else to do.

Message 775 of 930 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The problem with the sound also happens to me, sometimes I think that it is an interference of some device with my computer but it is impossible that...

Personally I think it comes from the issue of speeds that has always been reported, changing from one speed to another very frequently in some way damages the time, some actions, and of course the sound is also associated.

For now I have been able to control it by trying to use speed 3 as little as possible, or at least not switch very quickly between them. In addition to saving every 6-8 sims hours (Just to prevent) I think I could have at least 3 hours of continuous play

Message 776 of 930 (578 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Novice

I was desperately searching for any ideas on how to fix my game after the November update broke it, surprisingly turning the sound off in the Origin line command stopped all crashing completely!! I had been through every idea I read about on the forums, and of all things, that worked! I hope it fixes more games, or they just put out a patch, but I hope it helps!!

Message 777 of 930 (775 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4

PlatformPC

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Always.
What is your current game version number? Latest,
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, some game & pack stuff
What happens when the bug occurs? The game stops respond while animation continues. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, the last expansion pack.

What's really frustrating is that it's after 10 hours of gameplay, from single to married family with kids. Nothing helps of the suggestions. Not really motivating to start things over again... 

Message 778 of 930 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@DeadSoul7 I can understand you, but don't get frustrated!! We all have the same issue...After the fix you could start a challenge or something similar so you can regain your enthusiasm!!! (excuse my English I am Greek) <3
Message 779 of 930 (771 Views)

★ Novice

My game crashed a few times already since the latest update. It crashed literally 5 mins after I opened it. I have no mods in my folder and it's becoming so frustrating to continue playing knowing that the game will crash again anyway after a few minutes.

Message 780 of 930 (750 Views)