Re: Sims 3 Installation Issues

by Tinoman13

Original Post

★★★ Novice

hi! i successfully installed the orign client but could not install sims. it says error. i tried restarting my mac, turned my firewall off, but still giving me same error

Message 1 of 5 (387 Views)

@morrema  What version of macOS do you have?  If you're not sure, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

It would also help to see the exact error message you're getting.  Click command-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the part of your screen you want to capture.  The screenshot will land on your desktop, and you can attach it directly to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I attached a screenshot of the error. We both seem to be having the same error, can you help??? We turned off the firewall and everything so that must not be the problem. Pls help!! Thank you 

Message 3 of 5 (343 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also I have the MacOS Catalina updated 

Message 4 of 5 (338 Views)

@Tinoman13  The current version of Sims 3 doesn't run in Catalina, as it's a 32-bit app, and Catalina is 64-bit only.  EA has announced it will release an updated version of Sims 3 that will run in Catalina; that version will show up sometime in early 2020.  Here's the announcement:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

In the meantime, your only options are various ways to install another operating system: on an external hard drive, through a virtual machine, or via Bootcamp.  This article has more information about the various choices:

https://bluebellflora.com/running-32-bit-apps-after-macos-mojave/

@morrema  If you're running Catalina, then the above applies to you as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (328 Views)