Re: [Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

by Meganne1

Original Post

Re: Origin does not start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks alot! Installing the other client did it. It works for me now.

Message 480 of 1,482 (4,845 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well shoot the recent solution didn't work for me.   

Out of curiosity, is there a correlation to origin not working on the windows 10 anniversary update (version 1607)?  Cause that is when Origin stopped working on my pc.

Message 481 of 1,482 (4,819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have also recently installed the windows 10 anniversary update, could this be the problem?

I have had this problem for nearly a month now so getting very irritated as I can't play any of my games. My GPU is an AMD 390X and I have Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks,

Lewis

Message 482 of 1,482 (4,793 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Leromie @Asus2014aberdeen

Are you running any security related programs on your system?

Message 483 of 1,482 (4,764 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have AVG Free anti virus, however I have tried disabling it before trying to install. The problem was still there.

Hope there is going to be a patched installable update for this soon.

Thanks,

Lewis

Message 484 of 1,482 (4,755 Views)

Origin Client showing blank white screen. Help!

★★ Novice

Origin Client showing blank white screen

I haven't been on Origin in a couple of months but when I tried to pull up the client today and log in, I was met with a blank white screen. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling (which took forever), I've deleted the Origin cache, I've turned off the firewall and tried the obvious computer restart... Nothing seems to be working. I just bought Sims 4 and was hoping to be playing right now.

Windows 7

64-bit OS

Help!!

Message 485 of 1,482 (18,528 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Windows defender and firewall.  Have disabled both when trying to reinstall, and nadda.

Message 486 of 1,482 (4,702 Views)

★★ Novice

Just dropping by to let others know what finally worked for me. In my case I was using Ad-Aware Antivirus, disabling it allowed Origin to connect.

Message 487 of 1,482 (5,041 Views)

I cannot install sims 4 on my pc

★ Novice

Please help, I purchased SIMS 4 Std on disk for my daughters birthday.  I have been trying for hours to install Sims 4 on my windows 7 PC, origin will not install, without origin I cannot install the game. When I download the Origin program and cick in it to install (OriginThinSetupBeta.exe) all I get is a white box on my screen and nothing happens. I have no ideal what to do?

Message 488 of 1,482 (5,027 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

★★ Novice

I also had this blank screen problem during installation, using Windows 10 and the latest Origin download on the website. I spent hours looking at forums and tried almost everything! So frustrating...

I downloaded Origin 10 by searching and downloading from another website. It finally installed but, of course, another problem arose: "Online login is currently unavailable."

That was fixed by going to Internet Explorer's settings, internet options, connections tab, LANS settings, and unticking "Use a proxy server for your LAN."

This worked for me, but it seems that everyone has their own complicated way of getting Origin to start! Good luck.

Message 489 of 1,482 (5,012 Views)