Re: wont let me sub but charged my card

by Narushiima

Original Post

wont let me sub but charged my card

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

like the title said, ive been trying to sub today, but it keeps saying error proccessing your request, thinking it was my * internet i kept trying to no avail. BUT every single time it charged my credit card, and i tried more than a few times. It let me buy CC with no problem though. I dont want to be charged for all those attempts when none of them went through.\

My swtor username is ImmortalSliske

Message 1 of 7 (687 Views)

@Narushiima 

You have another EA / Origin account that uses the persona: sakotah with a hotmail email  that account needs a password reset to restore purchasing in swtor 

Given the number of transactions needing refunding, it is quickes to give support a call , purchasing will only work ok after that EA account is sorted

Phone Support – For any Account, Payment, or Technical issues our Customer Service team is here for you! You can reach them via the following numbers:

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Phone support available from 10.00 CT - 19.00 CT)
  • UK: +44 (0) 208 1969 890 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 00.00 GMT)
  • Germany: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
  • France: + 49 (0) 221 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 7 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@proxos666 

i have absolutely no access to that account anymore or rather the email that account is registered with, i wont be able to change the password of that account

Message 3 of 7 (628 Views)

@Narushiima 

your only option then is to complete https://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form and see if you can regain access to that EA account 

swtor purchasing will never work on that swtor account whilst that EA account is disabled

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 7 (619 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@proxos666 but i was able to purchase Cartel Coins without an issue, but why does a seperate account being disabled affect subscribing to swtor on a different account? I've had no troubles subbing before 

Message 5 of 7 (615 Views)

@Narushiima 

few months back a number of accounts where flagged for a password reset https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Important-information-about-your-EA-SWTOR-account/m-p/903...

downside is purchasing is disabled on linked accounts as in this case until that account has had a password reset

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 7 (612 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@proxos666 okay, thank you, i'll contact support and see what i can do about this old account.  unless theres some way to unlink that account? i thought i switched the email my swtor account is linked to, to my most recent, but i guess that doesn't matter since i cant sub anyway

Message 7 of 7 (596 Views)