Re: IMPOSSIBLE to subscribe?

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

IMPOSSIBLE to subscribe?

★★ Newbie

Hello! I would like to purchase cartel coins/subscription, but it is IMPOSSIBLE!

1. When I use my PayPal account, the "receipt" (final step) is blank, and nothing happens (I've checked my PayPal and repeated this a few times over the course of three days). No ad-block is on, and no pop-up window (for PayPal verification) appears either.
2. With my VISA account, I get the error message "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one".

My VISA debit card is linked to online purchases, and I use it frequently to shop online.

I phoned EA, and the consultant could not give me advice. According to her, my Origins details and Old Republic details do not match. The problem (might be?) that the names of the accounts are different (although they share the same email address). I tried to change my Origins ID to be the same as my Old Republic ID, but sadly the Origins ID is taken, and I cannot change the Old Republic ID. Otherwise, everything is identical between the two accounts.

Is it possible that EA does not want my money? Wow!

Is it IMPOSSIBLE for me to subscribe or purchase cartel coins?

Message 1 of 3 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]

If the accounts are linked, Try removing all payment methods on the swtor account and origin account then re-add the payment method to the swtor account 

swtor best of knowledge does not like visa pre-paid cards for subscriptions though.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (351 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@ZApieter

If you've been trying very frequently and you've already contacted your payment provider (bank/card issuer/etc.) to confirm there's no issue with allowing the transaction, I'd recommend you wait until at least 24h from your last transaction attempt, and then try again. If you still get the error, you'll need to give SWTOR support (instead of EA) a call so that our Account & Billing team can take a closer look.

Message 3 of 3 (306 Views)