Will my laptop run TS4

by engelkes2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will my laptop run TS4

★ Novice

Hello! I want to buy a new laptop for my sims, but I dont know if it will run the game nicely. Could you guys please take a look at it?

17" HP laptop type G7-1130sd

Processor : I5-2410M @ 2.30Ghz dual core
Memory : 300Gb

RAM : 8 Gb DDR3
Video : AMD Radeon HD7400M en Intel HD Graphics 3000
O.S. : Windows 10 Home 

Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will my laptop run TS4

@engelkes2  That one is definitely better, assuming it's in good working condition, although I'd look into adding another 4 GB RAM if possible.  That's something you can do later though, and as long as you don't run any other apps while playing, you should still be able to play with most packs.

Just to be clear, you're probably not going to do better than medium graphics settings unless you don't install most of the demanding expansion packs.  But if your budget is strictly limiting your choices, there may not be better options.

Feel free to post anything else you find too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)

All Replies

@engelkes2  This laptop would likely run Sims 4 on low settings, but it's possible even that wouldn't work.  The laptop's hardware is almost ten years old now, so there's no guarantee that it would perform as expected or that its drivers would all be compatible with the game.

If you'd like to see better laptops for Sims 4, feel free to ask; just list your budget and country as well as any other details that matter to you.  However, I'm not sure there are better options in the same price range as this one.

Message 2 of 6 (300 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I was kind of expecting it since it looked quite old, but I really don't have much money to spend so i'm taking looks at second hand laptops. I found another one, let me show you...

Asus X541U

CPU i5-6200 2.30GHz
RAM 4GB
Video: Intel HD Graphics 520 + nVidia GeForce 920MX
15.6 inch
Harddisk 500GB SATA
Windows 10 (legit)

Message 3 of 6 (284 Views)

@engelkes2  That one is definitely better, assuming it's in good working condition, although I'd look into adding another 4 GB RAM if possible.  That's something you can do later though, and as long as you don't run any other apps while playing, you should still be able to play with most packs.

Just to be clear, you're probably not going to do better than medium graphics settings unless you don't install most of the demanding expansion packs.  But if your budget is strictly limiting your choices, there may not be better options.

Feel free to post anything else you find too.

Message 4 of 6 (265 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! Im buying this only for TS4 and a couple of packs. Will my laptop run without extra RAM or is it completely necessary to buy extra?
Message 5 of 6 (240 Views)

@engelkes2  It is not completely necessary to buy more RAM; it would just improve the laptop's performance.  Even without the extra memory, you should still be able to run the base game and a few packs as long as you're not also running other demanding programs at the same time.  Even a browser can eat a lot of RAM—Chrome in particular is a big offender, and Firefox is better but still not great.

If you do notice performance issues in-game that look like they're memory-related, there are steps you can take to manage things better as well.  The point of having extra RAM is that you don't have to manage anything or make any compromises.

Message 6 of 6 (227 Views)