Re: Installed DAI through Origin: Cannot start

by GodAmongUsAS

Original Post

Installed DAI through Origin: Cannot start

★★★★★ Novice

I love Dragon Age and have been waiting for this to come out for so long!!!! But now I can´t play Frown

Whenever I click on 'play' it goes to the loading screen (the mouse goes into DA style and there is a green load thing in the right bottom) but after a couple of seconds: it returns to origin. I don't even make it to the menu.

I already unclicked the 'origin in game' box  and cleared out my origin cache. 

http://hastebin.com/ikajizobac.tex 

Hope you can help me! I play this on my laptop. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (290 Views)

Community Manager

Do you have a discrete Radeon or Nvidia graphics card? That dxdiag is only listing the integrated intel chipset, which is insufficient to run the game. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (285 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know to be honest, sorry.. Do you maybe know how I can see this and look it up?

If I won't have it, is there the option of me buying/downloading a card for the laptop?

Message 3 of 6 (274 Views)

Community Manager

Laptops tend to be less modular than desktops, and checking that model name there doesn't appear to be any options to have a discrete card, so I think you're out of luck, sorry. 

If you bought through Origin and don't have access to more powerful hardware you might want to note the Great Game Guarantee: http://help.ea.com/in/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (269 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know to be honest, sorry.. Do you maybe know how I can see this and look it up?

If I won't have it, is there the option of me buying/downloading a card for the laptop?

( is this one okay?: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 7570M driver )

Message 5 of 6 (258 Views)

★ Guide

I think that your gpu  (graphic driver) is too weak for this game..  

However maybe this will help:  go to control panel->device manager->display adapters    and make sure that they are all enabaled

Message 6 of 6 (251 Views)