Re: [WORKAROUND] [PS4/XB1] [CD] Can't enter dog breed name

by aelilith

Original Post

★ Novice

I had the same problem. I had a cat that went out wandering the neighborhood and came back and had a baby. The baby cat didn't have a breed listed. I play on PS4 so it wouldn't allow me to type in a cat breed.

Eventually, in order to edit one of my sims outfits, I had to just move that sim into another household - edit the clothes - and then move it back into the household I wanted him in. Annoying work around, but something to suggest for others who are facing the similar problem and want to edit their sims!

Message 41 of 61 (1,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem also. 

randomizing the animal worked for me for filling in the breed as a mixed breed Standard smile

Message 42 of 61 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I found a solution that's not really a fix, but if you press the "randomize trait" it will automatically fill in the breed for you without you having need to access the keyboard yourself. So at least you can exit the "changing sims" mode.

Message 43 of 61 (1,587 Views)

CAS For dogs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? entering the CAS menu with sims using a mirror then clicking on an animal (for me it was a dog) then try to load back into the game, it doesn’t let you since it says you need to enter the breeds name.
What happens when the bug occurs? It says enter breed name stopping you from ever returning to the game if your using played with sims
What do you expect to see? this fixed or a way to escape it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. most recent patch

please fix it

Message 44 of 61 (1,591 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think I posted on another thread about the same topic at least a year ago. I'm on Xbox and having this problem, and honestly can't believe it hasn't beem fixed after literal years. I actually stopped adopting pets because this was so annoying. I want my current sim to run a cat sanctuary and so I'm adopting strays. I went to edit her outfits after she aged up and couldn't save because some of the cats had no breed and I couldn't enter one. I've had to temporarily moved her in with her grandmother so I can edit her clothes. I know there could be worse issues, but it's just annoying and needs to be fixed.

Message 45 of 61 (1,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem on PS4. How I fixed it was I pressed the randomise button and it put mixed breed there for me. I removed the random clothes and could exit CAS.

Message 46 of 61 (1,439 Views)

Re: Can't enter dog breed name (PS4)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue witha oet my Sims adopted after I left to work on another household.  The home button for the console does not work so I hope people stop suggesting it. I’m just going to leave world without saving anything since I can’t even save game at this point. Then adopt that stupid dog out as soon as I get back in it.

Message 47 of 61 (1,387 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@DJDarrah You can randomize something on the pet and it'll set it as a mixed breed. You an undo the randomizing you did and the breed will stay.
Message 48 of 61 (1,379 Views)

★ Guide

@zeldasempiternal  I am so freakin' glad I kept reading and didn't just give up. You made things soooooooo much easier for me. I, for one, am so happy you pushed that dice. lol lol lol

Message 49 of 61 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Pantheracus Hey I found the solution to your problem. Try clicking on the dice then you should be all good to go.
Message 50 of 61 (1,243 Views)