Santinel not charging with shield cells

by poofy_gg

Original Post

Re: Sentinel Charge not Working

★★★ Newbie

The Problem only occurs on the new map "Gardens" I have found.

Message 21 of 40 (762 Views)

Re: Sentinel Charge not Working

★ Novice

Happens in phase runner as well.

Dropping the weapon and picking it up resolves the issue

Message 22 of 40 (741 Views)

Re: Sentinel won't charge in Arenas

★ Guide

Easy fix/temporary fix until they decide to fix it.

When it happens drop the gun on the ground and pick it back up. It works just fine after that

Message 23 of 40 (730 Views)

Sentinel on Arena

★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce GTX 1050
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Unpaid_Jesus
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? it happened with diferent legends
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Arena
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Before and after the round started
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? dont know.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I was playing arena and felt like playing sentinel. Bought it round 1 and when i tryed to charge it it would start. I get to round 2 and buy a next level sentinel and it exibits the same problem. I then try to drop the Sentinel and pick it back up and after that, during that match it was always able to charge it. It happened about 3 or 4 now.
What should be happening instead? It should just charge when asked to.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play arena. Get a sentinel and try to charge it. If it does good. If not its the bug.

Im not a sniper kinda guy so it doesnt affect me much but it must be anoying to sniper players

Message 24 of 40 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This doesnt work for me

Message 25 of 40 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. Tried dropping it and picking it up, still didn't work :/

Message 26 of 40 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it doesn't charge after the first round on any map, dropping it doesn't help and you also cant pick up rampart's cover most of the time. What an annoying bug

Message 27 of 40 (639 Views)

Santinel not charging with shield cells

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Poofy_gg
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Can't remember/happened on different games with different teammates
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? I can't remember, I just know that it happened pretty rendomly
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Can't remember
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All of the maps have this issue
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to charge up the sentinel with my shield cells
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Around 1-2 if I use the sentinel, usually I don't use the gun
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since when arena was added, I think it even happened on the first day of arena
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter the amount of shield cells in my inventory (2-8) I would still be unable to charge my gun for more damage
What should be happening instead? My gun should start charging, consuming two shield cells
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into arena, get the sentinel, and try to charge it, it seems to depend on the round, if you can charge it up a single round, the rest of that round you will be able to charge it, maybe has something to do with buying the sentinel?

Also I haven't tried using a single shield cell and then trying to charge it up, maybe that works

Message 28 of 40 (580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue on Xbox, have consistently since Arenas started. Not every match, but I'd say 75% of the time Sentinel charge mechanic doesn't work. I typically test at the start of the match to see if charging is working before buying cells throughout the rest of the match as a result. Issue doesn't happen in BR.

Message 29 of 40 (518 Views)

Sentinal not charging in arenas.

★ Novice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080 Strix Device ID: 10DE 1E87 865F 1043 Part Number: G180 0002
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Zcc09
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All Legends
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Doesn't matter
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All arena maps and everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Buying weapons and playing the match
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 15+
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sentinal is purchased or picked up I cannot charge it even though I have enough cells. Dropping the gun and picking it up, dropping the cells and picking them up, changing the charge button, changing the keyboard settings, and even reinstalling the game and windows has no effect.
What should be happening instead? The Sentinal should be able to charge.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into an arena game and try to charge the Sentinal.

This happens so often that we are at a genuine disadvantage when it occurs. So much so that the gun went from my favorite sniper to something incredibly useless to me and from what I understand many other people also have this issue and even the recent patches have not mentioned or fixed this issue.

Message 30 of 40 (515 Views)