[Closed] Party Hobby/Work Items listed but not at parties

by sometimespeas

Original Post

[Closed] Party Hobby/Work Items listed but not at parties

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad mini
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003737783552
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The party search sceeen has been showing that my Sims have the correlating jobs and hobbies for a party, but then I pop in and there are no work or hobby items that I can use. The parties are ending at a super low level because they are typically starter homes with very few party guests.. the parties are only worth attending at this point if you can get them to level 8-10, which I can’t do by myself in somebody else’s home. I also threw a party recently that has a whopping 2 guests show up even though I have the majority of the work and hobby items, though that could be unrelated. In addition, the relationships I start at parties are no longer carrying over to the next time I open up the game, no matter how high I level the relationship up.
What do you expect to see? I’d love to see the parties go back to the way they were pre-llamazoom (or whatever that thing is called). Specifically, the hobbies and jobs need to start displaying correctly on the search screen so I’m not wasting my daily parties.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

It won’t let me attach my other screenshot (which needs to be resized for some odd reason) without making me rewrite this all over again for the third time, but you get the general idea. There are no items I can use in that house for the listed hobbies/jobs. Both parties today were like this.

Message 1 of 10 (1,611 Views)

Re: Party Hobby/Work Items

★ Novice

Apologies, there is a guitar I can use for a different Sim in this house, but my other two should have a usable item as well. I send all my possible Sims to each party for extra points, so I try to only attend parties that allow that. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,580 Views)

A few of these I recognize, you can find them under party in the bug list:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/List-of-known-bugs/m-p/6682688#M633

Your hobby items sounds the other way around from this one:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Certain-careers-hobbies-not-classified-properly-for-parti...

What career is your Sim in?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 10 (1,553 Views)

★ Novice

Right. I saw the other bugs, but just thought to mention them in case it was all connected. I have a photographer, fashion designer (the Sim seen in the screenshot), and the new wellness career. Hobbies include cooking, writing (seen Sim), and guitar. I don’t see a lot of the career items in general, but the hobbies I used to have no trouble finding. The issue is that the search screen is showing there are corresponding items in the house, but then they aren’t once I go to the party. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,524 Views)

What does Eisuke (the Sim on your screenshot) do for career?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 10 (1,516 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That is annoying. I spend the time hunting for the party my sims hobby and work but get duped to a starter home.  Worse after the update you can now do only one work or hobby related task. It used to be up to 4.

Message 6 of 10 (1,420 Views)

Re: [Open] Party Hobby/Work Items listed but not at parties

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been in that boat. I'd go to a party with career suitcase and gold hobby puzzle pieces displayed, only to get to the persons house and they have no hobbies or careers to click on at all. I thought maybe I came to the party too fast (because sometimes you can join a party before the player has a chance to put the party items out, although that doesn't explain hobby and career items having not already been out) and maybe it just didn't load but even if I came back an hour later, and they still weren't there. I chalked it up to maybe the system is confused and lists those items even if they don't have them on display anymore but upon thinking about it, sometimes I would see the items, but there just would be no way to click them. They would just bounce if you tried. Kinda like how if you're already on a task and emily arrives and asks you to do something dumb like click on the TV, the TV will bounce if you're already in pink plumbob mode. Which is dumb considering in my sims mobile group people tell me they are still able to click items while in pink plumbob mode. It would make since that I should be able to click the friggan TV even if I have a guest over. Wouldn't they watch TV? Apparently you can't click the tv or brush your teeth if you have company. Ridiculous.

Message 7 of 10 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has been consistently happening for me with specifically the Fashion career. The career icon appears under my sims thumbnail, but the wardrobe required for career actions is not in the party house. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,223 Views)

@mem1222 , @sometimespeas , @LadyAkane & @floraboraamor have you seen any improvements on this issue?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 10 (956 Views)

No replies... I'll have to take that as it's resolved. If it's not, let me know, so I can reopen this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 10 (893 Views)