Re: Game won’t load it keeps freezing on ps5 after recent update patch

by AquaBeaver

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

★★★★★ Novice
@bsuro10 Don't forget to click the "Me Too" button on the first post!
Message 81 of 146 (1,326 Views)

Re: Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I’ve got the same issue following the version 1.42 update but still on PS4, glad to know I’m not the only one that this is affecting but it’s a huge buzzkill if this is affecting everyone on console, or at least effecting anyone playing through PlayStation 

[EDIT]: I may have solved the problem!! I have tried restarting the game several times over, and restarting my console. I even tried going through safe mode, but nothing was working. What worked so far (it has at least let the game load) was powering off the console for 30 minutes. Like, not rest mode, not restart, but to power off the console and leave it for a good half an hour before booting it back up! 

Message 82 of 146 (1,186 Views)

Game won’t load it keeps freezing on ps5 after recent update patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Game won’t load on ps5 after recent patch sims 4

Message 83 of 146 (1,271 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jacklou2017 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 84 of 146 (1,242 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Rachel74Smithy It's just a really poor show of quality assurance. Just seen the edit, I'll give this a go and see if it fixes the issue!
Message 85 of 146 (1,137 Views)

Message 86 of 146 (1,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Rachel74SmithyYeah, that doesn't work for me. I never have luck the first time I launch the Sims even if the console has been fully powered off all night.

Doesn't matter if I played another game first, unplug the system, do a rain dance, and pray the to sun god, Ra.....

It always take several tries while standing on one foot and chanting my manta, to get past the neighborhood screen.

But hey...  I guess I should be happy because at least now, sometimes, if I try hard enough, I can eventually play my multi-hundred dollar game.

Message 87 of 146 (1,043 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Teacupp-11 Exactly the same! They seriously need to work on this.... A company the size of EA I expect ALOT more. I'm on PS5. They need to STOP releasing new content and Actually spend time fixing they're lousy product! I have no doubt they could manage this.... Fingers crossed this all gets sorted
Message 88 of 146 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ya my PS5 is off all night long and when I get up to start sims 4 on my ps5 it doesn't work. So that fix doesn't seem to be something that works for everyone. It's possible you just got lucky.

Message 89 of 146 (886 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I got the same issue as well for a few weeks now, it takes them really long to fix this.
So happy I found this topic through Google, because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my game. But seeing it has been broken for quite some time now, it doesn't look it has any priority in it getting fixed. :-/ I can't even load into a household or move to another world.

I also pushed the "Me Too" button, this has to get a bigger priority.

Message 90 of 146 (851 Views)