[OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

by Niobium77

Original Post

Re: Game won’t load it keeps freezing on ps5 after recent update patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I did came by this topic on this forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Read-First-Current-Issues-Game-Issues-or-Crashes... 

At least this topic is also mentioned there, and it so this issue should be on their radar.
Lets hope it is solved before the next Cottage/Countryside DLC releases, although I am a bit reluctant to buy it if the game constantly has issues on PS4/PS5. If I am not mistaken at the beginning of the year/end last year there also was something with the Playstation Sims 4 that made the game crash in the home/world selection. That one also coasted a month to get fixed, in the meantime all PC players where hyping/having fun on the new Snowy Escapes dlc. And PLaystation players could only watch them play on Twitter. LoL Broken heart

Message 91 of 146 (1,543 Views)

Sims 4 crashing on PS5

★★★ Newbie

Game crashes multiple times within the first 5 minutes of loading. Sometimes crashes on the loading screen. Restart console, restart game, uninstalled and reinstalled. 

Message 92 of 146 (1,371 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on PS5

Hero (Retired)
@KirstyLouvain Is it a crash or a freeze?
Message 93 of 146 (1,348 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, I have only just got a ps5 yet sims 4 does not seem to operate past the opening menu without freezing on the loading screen on the world map

This happens every single time and has made the game quite unplayable

Message 94 of 146 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

Literally just bought the sims and several expansions on my new ps5 and ran into this bug during create a sim. 

Frown

Message 95 of 146 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sad to hear that.

Before patch 1.39 the game worked smooth on PS5, much better then on my old PS4 as the loading screens where so unsanely fast on PS5. My Sims where traveling all the time. We can only hope they will fix it soon. They added likes/dislikes I was keen on trying those out, but haven't got the chance yet. Got a next Sim adventure already planned out. But hopefully soon we can play again. :-)

Message 96 of 146 (1,344 Views)

★★ Novice

I can play, but the game will always eventually freeze up at some point. I've taken to saving frequently, but there's no way to avoid the freezes.

Message 97 of 146 (1,317 Views)

★★ Novice

It must be a bug with the latest update or DLC. Seems to be a very common problem. It both crashes and freezes. So I guess once again, we sit and wait for EA to fix their game. Spent well over $500 on the game and all the DLC and this is the 2nd or 3rd time a game breaking bug as happened. Ready to delete everything and move on from this product.

Message 98 of 146 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

in my case, I managed to solve it by deleting the game from the console and restarting it. I just downloaded the base game then I went to the screen where the expansions are and I was installing one by one and restarting when the game asked to restart

Message 99 of 146 (1,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Shotbyron 
I am in the same boat, I bought a lot of DLC in the past. Spended a lot of money on this game through the years because I like the game. But ever since patch 1.39 released this game broke for me. Lucky I didn't buy the Home Decoration pack. But I was planning on buying Cottage Living, but I am not planning on doing that anymore. I cannot even load into a household. Last year this game was also broken for a full month on console due to crashes due to a patch. Now the game has been broken again for a few months, due to another patch. And all EA says they 'keep an eye of the issue'.

Maybe we should contact Sony and tell then about the current state of 'The Sims 4', becasue the game is still for sale in the PSN store, there should be at least a warning next to it right now that the game has performace issues on PS5.

@saulolopes1 
I tried reinstalling the game, even deleating my save file on the console (sended it to the cloud) but even that doesn't work for me. :-/

Message 100 of 146 (1,184 Views)