[FIXED] [OR] Rejuvenated/Refresh moodlet never going away

by Mielosh

Original Post

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Rejuvenated moodlet bug

★ Guide

I'll try sending her back on vacation and end it properly so we could se if that would help. Standard smile

Thanks for al the replies!

Message 11 of 81 (2,129 Views)

Outdoor Retreat Homesick mood-let every vacation

★ Apprentice

After going on one vacation every single sim in both my game and my sister's game always become sad if they go on vacation again. Everyone in the sims family that has been on a vacation before is sad if i try to bring them on another.

It's very annoying that they haven't fixed this glitch when it prevents me from vacationing and therefore using this game pack. If anyone has a temporary way to prevent my sims from being homesick all the time i would be extremely grateful. Until then i just want to draw some attention to this as it's one of the many problems with Outdoor retreat that were never addressed in a patch.

Message 12 of 81 (2,115 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Random moodlet bug?

★ Apprentice

I have been having this glitch since the game pack was released and it does not only happen if i leave vacation early. I never leave vacation early and all of my sims who have the "loves the outdoors" trait have this problem. I recently left a vacation early with a sim who had that trait and she didn't get the permanent moodlet. In fact since the manual removal of the buff doesn't work leaving my vacations early seems to be the only workaround that works for me.

Message 13 of 81 (2,116 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you left vacation early, you still need to actually wait for the vacation duration to expire before the refreshed moodlet can appear.

- if you exit and reload the game, maybe it will appear immediately (not tested)?

To remove the Homesick (sad) moodlet, have you tried removing "buff_CampingForest_HomeSick" manually?

I assume that's the (sad) moodlet you are referring to because there are a number of other sad moodlets.

I think certain traits have a lower tolerance to Homesickness because there are 3 levels (Low, Med, High) which you can tune.

I haven't figured out what traits are more prone to Homesickness though.

Message 14 of 81 (2,075 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have left vacation early and waited the next day till the "rejuvenated" appeared and then kept playing until it timed out and went away. Then I quit and reload and it's back. And the timer has restarted to 48 hours. This is what happens with every sim that has the "loves the outdoors" trait every time i go on vacation. But if i send them home early they don't even get a "rejuvenated" moodlet at all.

The tuning must be messed up because the Homesick moodlet does not appear to relate to traits at all in my game. When i send a family of 8 sims with varying traits they always gets the Homesick moodlet on their second vacation. The only exception to this if if they DO have the "loves the outdoors" trait. Every other sim will always be sad (Homesick). I haven't tried to manually remove it yet because since it affects my entire family it's verrry tedious to type for every sim one by one every time i go on vacation. This also happens on every save.

Message 15 of 81 (2,059 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@laralanthalasa wrote:

I have left vacation early and waited the next day till the "rejuvenated" appeared and then kept playing until it timed out and went away. Then I quit and reload and it's back. And the timer has restarted to 48 hours. This is what happens with every sim that has the "loves the outdoors" trait every time i go on vacation. But if i send them home early they don't even get a "rejuvenated" moodlet at all.

The tuning must be messed up because the Homesick moodlet does not appear to relate to traits at all in my game. When i send a family of 8 sims with varying traits they always gets the Homesick moodlet on their second vacation. The only exception to this if if they DO have the "loves the outdoors" trait. Every other sim will always be sad (Homesick). I haven't tried to manually remove it yet because since it affects my entire family it's verrry tedious to type for every sim one by one every time i go on vacation. This also happens on every save.

Apologies, I kinda stopped playing my outdoor Sims family for sometime...

I meddled with it some more. IMO, here's likely what happened:

Each visit to Granite fall will set a "flag" or a tracker if you like: commodity_Motive_CampingForest_Refreshed for each Sim.

Once this reaches a value of 100, you will get the following:

Angel buff_CampingForest_Refreshed <-  this is for Sims without "Love Outdoors" trait

(b) buff_CampingForest_LovesOutdoors_Rejuvenated <- this is for Sims who has "Love Outdoors" trait

Let's call them buffAngel and buff(b) respectively.

Problem 1:

The xml tuning file for buffAngel  has an extra step to remove the flag once the buff expires. Unfortunately, buff(b) doesn't.

So long as this flag exists, the rejuvenated buff will always appear. This you have reproduced thru your extensive testing. So, this means Sims with "Love Outdoors" trait are going to get this buff every now and then. Maybe this is intended by design. However, if it is a problem to your gameplay even with console cheat workarounds to remove the buffs then I think you need a tuning mod - if you are not allergic to using mods in your game.

Problem 2:

@This is what this thread was originally about. Sims without the "Love Outdoors" trait are supposed to have that commodity flag removed once the buff expires. For some reason, this doesn't happen for some Sims. Originally, I thought it was due to ending the vacation early but currently, I can't reproduce it consistently ... so pending @Mielosh's input.

Problem 3:

Issues with the Sad moodlets. I think that deserves another thread since it's a different topic Confusedmileywink:

Message 16 of 81 (2,010 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Problem 2:

This is what this thread was originally about. Sims without the "Love Outdoors" trait are supposed to have that commodity flag removed once the buff expires. For some reason, this doesn't happen for some Sims. Originally, I thought it was due to ending the vacation early but currently, I can't reproduce it consistently ... so pending @IamMiel's input.

I think I have figured out how Problem 2 occurs:

The commodity_Motive_CampingForest_Refreshed will increase with time spent on the vacation zone.

If you save often enough while on vacation, it's easy to get it to a value of 100.

Once it hits 100 and you travel home at this point - for some reason, it doesn't give your Sims the refresh or rejuvenated buff immediately.

The buffs appear only when you save and load the game next time but it doesn't remove the motive even when the buff is applied.

This means you get stuck with this flag set and thereafter, the buff appears regardless the Sim has "Love Outdoors" trait or not.

You have to remove that motive for things to normalize. Save, reload etc won't help

Message 17 of 81 (1,990 Views)

★ Apprentice

My family of 6 sims just went on vacation recently and all got stuck with the refreshed moodlet. none of them have the outdoors trait. I'm starting to suspect that extending the vacation is what's causing it sometimes..? I usually end up extending my vacations by a day or so.

i've never used mods in my game and i'd rather not start for multiple reasons. I'm not very technologically capable and i couldn't even manage to get a small hair color mod to show up in my game.

This glitch really has ruined the game pack for me. My entire family is now messed up and i've been trying different ways to possibly fix them or find an old deleted save or anything that will make them stop being happy all the time. I sent them on a vacation and ended it properly and the moodlet is still there. I also tried sending them and ending it almost immediately just a few hours after the vacation started.

Message 18 of 81 (1,973 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@laralanthalasa wrote:

My family of 6 sims just went on vacation recently and all got stuck with the refreshed moodlet. none of them have the outdoors trait. I'm starting to suspect that extending the vacation is what's causing it sometimes..? I usually end up extending my vacations by a day or so.

Please see my post just before yours on Problem 2. Yes, that's correct. If you stay on for too long and that flag goes to 100 when you end the vacation, you get stuck with this moodlet even for Sims without the "Love Outdoors" trait. This happens even faster if you save your game often enough. I think this requires a script mod to fix instead. So in short, to make things work OK, in my opinion, you need

Problem 1: xml tuning mod

Problem 2: likely a script mod

The no-mod alternative is to ...copy and paste the remove buff from the console until this gets fixed by the Devs.

I understand your distress but short of offering mods as a way out and hoping more people click the "me too" button, there isn't much I can do to help you solve this.

On the bright side, at least we figured out how this works Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 19 of 81 (1,965 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah with any luck maybe they can too and actually fix it soon Confusedmileywink:

Also, could you tell me how to copy and paste into the cheat bar? For some reason i just can't get it to work. I've just had to type it every time. And it would really save me time at this point haha

Thanks so much. 

Message 20 of 81 (1,943 Views)