[FIXED] Relationship status only changes on traveling

by helenthehunter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Relationship status only changes on traveling

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm getting a very similar bug post parenthood.  The relationship status only changes from aquaintance to friend after travelling, not while talking to the sim.  Can't fulfill 'Make a friend' whims easily.

You can see from the 1st screenshot that my sim has enough relationship with Yuki to be in the friend sort, but it still says aquaintance.

After travelling home (2nd screenshot) they are now acknowledged friends.

Save created after parenthood installed, mods & cc disabled - never used in this file, all ep, all gp, win 10 64bit

Message 1 of 36 (2,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Relationship status only changes on traveling

Hero

Relationship status will now properly reflect its current state without the need of traveling.
  • We’ve literally been talking for 8 hours.
    • Um, I’d remember something like that. See, my panel says we’re just acquaintances.
  • Ok fine, come with me to the park.
    • Whatever… fine, we’re at the park no… WE’RE MARRIED?!

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 36 (2,361 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't make friends

★ Apprentice

Me too! 

Sims can't go past being acquaintances even with a fully green relationship bar. The relationship does change to friendship if I leave the game and come back or travel with them but obviously I don't want to do that each time.
I started a new Sims 4 folder to reset it all and the problem isn't there with a new save game but if I put back in my old save, it reappears. Obviously I'm testing with no CC or mods and the problem persists.

Any ideas of what I could do? I really don't want to lost my save file - it's generations long at this stage.

Message 2 of 36 (2,308 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Relationship status only changes on travelling

Hero

Hi @helenthehunter

I split your thread as the other issue was different and fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 36 (2,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tested this on my own game and couldn't repro. I  do have to say that I saw this issue in the past but only very rarely.

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a tag-word of the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (2,281 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'll send you my save file once I get home from work. Bear in mind that because I took out the CC all my sims are bald and naked and the house is empty but you can still test it!
Thanks.
Message 5 of 36 (2,273 Views)

Hero

No worries. Lots of games I look at are like that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 36 (2,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Shared my save game, not the whole folder.

Don't know if this is part of the reason, but after an initial 'Save As' to name the file, I've only ever used 'Save' for this household.  All the other households I play I use 'Save As' each and never noticed this problem Wondering

Have repaired game and deleted 'localthumbcache.package' and still seeing problem.

Message 7 of 36 (2,260 Views)

Hero

I can definitely duplicate on your save

I'll add this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (2,250 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just uploaded mine too. Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 36 (2,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I restarted this Sim because I wanted to try the other Social Media path, and found something different with this friendship bug. 

I sent the sim to the library, he made friends with the librarian and it registered properly.  Penny Pizzazz invited him out to celebrate his promotion and he travelled with her to Narwahl Arms.  Penny's friendship status didn't change although they have a high enough relationship, but while he was there he made friends with Marcus Flex which registered properly.  Now wondering if travelling together is part of the problem.

Message 10 of 36 (2,229 Views)