Aim assist is broken. Only works sometimes.

by ExTiNkT91

Original Post

Re: Losing Aim Assist

★★★ Novice

I mean, their "community voted" mixtape playlist has still been completely broken for over a year hahah. No surprise.

Message 61 of 1,163 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Guide

I assume that a majority of the devs over at Respawn right now are trying to fix a game a long time ago in a galaxy far far away so ... yeah *shrug*

I also think the new modes have been crowbarred about to work within the existing code base and engine, and it shows.

Message 62 of 1,163 (1,671 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, usually around an after 12am, I'm on xbox an my mixtape lobbies are 50/50 PC players. All the while I still have zero AA an going against PC.... 👌👍

Message 63 of 1,163 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh believe me I know that pain.

Message 64 of 1,163 (1,656 Views)

Re: Aim assist is broken. Only works sometimes.

★★★ Guide

Gun Run, TDM, Control - I'm only playing Mixtape right now due to the inconsistency issues with the aim assist.

Every game the aim assist varies wildly. Most of the time it's just non-existent. Sometimes it's there as you'd expect. Sometimes you can feel it yanking your aim to whatever target it's decided it should be on. 

Message 65 of 1,163 (1,725 Views)

Re: Aim Assist is bugged

★★★ Novice
@EA_David are there any updates on the status of this bug? This is a major bug considerinh if affects gameplay... Or will you just ignore this issue until season 18? Until season 108?
Message 66 of 1,163 (1,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Aim assist remains wildly inconsistent. It as if it's triggering to be active in some circumstances, but mostly failing to trigger all, so you never know what you need to do with the controller in any given fight. You also know that your opponent might have aim assist, and you might not, or vice versa. 

Edit: Not to mention those weird occasions where it seems to trigger twice and wrenches your crosshair around.

It is beyond frustrating. It's infuriating. This needs a fix.

Message 67 of 1,163 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Bumping this again. Logged into Apex for the first time in a couple of days and queued for Mixtape.

First game Control. Felt like I was getting aim assist as expected in some situations but none in others.

Second game, TDM. No aim assist at all. Completely gone.

Message 68 of 1,163 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Guide

And now I've had an example of the other part of the inconsistency, when the aim assist seems to trigger twice. Shooting at an Ash with a Prowler and I could feel the cross hair being dragged after their motion. Way more than it should be.

Message 69 of 1,163 (1,777 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've also rediscovered a clip that I believe shows the aim assist completely failing in a game of TDM.

Message 70 of 1,163 (1,763 Views)