Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

by terminalchaos2

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So at the start SWBF2 and BFV didn't work. I've tried every fix I've seen on here. I've also tried downloading an entirely separate game on origin and it worked fine. I tried SWBF2 with a mod through FrostyModManager and it worked fine. But BFV is still failing to launch. To my knowledge there was about a space of 5 ish hours from the time it worked to the time it stopped working. I didn't download anything new to my knowledge I didn't even install the new Nvidia Drivers to that point. 

Also no offence but this is why Steam are the undisputed king of PC game platforms because you let stuff like this happen and let it go on for far beyond the reasonable time. Like I can understand a couple days but this is ridiculous. The discussion was first posted 3 weeks ago.

Message 21 of 139 (2,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok. I tried something, maybe help to others as well...

First. Uninstall everything (EA Beta app, Origin, BF V). 

Second . Delete everything what left after uninstalls: files, registry datas ( Help is here  ), AND very important, if you using OneDrive, delete everything from there as well! Files, Folders (All EA, Origin, game folder, file!!!).

After I just installed EA Beta app trough the Xbox app, and installed game. Worked well, no problem at all. 

Good luck and have Fun for everyone! Standard smile

Message 22 of 139 (2,024 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

See I know that would work but I don't want to risk doing something wrong in the registry. But we shouldn't have to do anything like this. We shouldn't have to fix their game bought by our money just so we can play it. They've done the same with SWBF2 broken game for all and aren't fixing it and its been weeks for BF2. Now we have the same here where some not all but some players aren't able to play the game. Its just stupid. I'm willing to bet they won't provide a fix for this at least 3 weeks and at most they will never fix it.

Message 23 of 139 (2,140 Views)

Game will not Load at All

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My Game wont start , just crashes to desktop. after loading the opening screen.  I have done scannow /sfc , no issues

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game -same problem 

Changed the location of the installation from my F drive where it was to my C drive (default) still not go 

Repaired the installation through Origin. Same problem 

Uninstalled and reinsalled Origin - same problem 

It's in my game library as a current game. 

Message 24 of 139 (2,114 Views)

Message 25 of 139 (2,108 Views)

★★ Novice
While the new match’s timer was counting down, two players in my squad switch to the other team. All three of us were in the new match together, in the same squad. As we were the match prior. The other team had about 5 more players before my squad mates switched teams. They didn’t even leave the server to do it. They were able to switch teams in-game, to a team that had far more players. How is this possible? I thought switching teams is impossible in BFV? Playing on PC by the way.
Message 26 of 139 (2,099 Views)

Re: Crashes when click at Play button in game

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium While the new match’s timer was counting down, two players in my squad switch to the other team. All three of us were in the new match together, in the same squad. As we were the match prior. The other team had about 5 more players before my squad mates switched teams. They didn’t even leave the server to do it. They were able to switch teams in-game, to a team that had far more players. How is this possible? I thought switching teams is impossible in BFV? Playing on PC by the way.
Message 27 of 139 (2,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've also tried installing BF1. I can only play Battlefield 1 if I run it through FrostyModManager same as SWBF2 without any mods. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Are you even fixing it at all? Its been like 4 weeks now since someone first posted about this issue. We've all given pretty extensive knowledge of what happens and what doesn't work. 

Message 28 of 139 (2,071 Views)

★★ Novice

When will we get a fix? It is currently impossible to run the game from steam.

Message 29 of 139 (1,972 Views)

★★ Novice

QUICK FIX: Start the game on ea desktop and once in the game, close it. Close ea desktop and run the game from steam.

Message 30 of 139 (1,966 Views)