Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

by terminalchaos2

Original Post

Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

★★★ Novice

Battlefield 4 and 5 won't launch. Downloaded both again recently and when I launch the game Origin minimizes and then reappears and the play button highlights again. I've tried clearing Origin cache, running both Origin and Battlefield as administrator, clean boot, redownloading Origin and Battlefield, tried launching through the new EA app. I've tried closing every program on my PC except for Origin and then launching and still nothing. It's really pissing me off, EA forums have been no help and I can't seem to find anyone who is having a similar problem. I've tried fixes for crashes and fixes for stuttering, updated video drivers; if its a fix I've done it. I just want to play your stupid broken games EA. And I can't.

Message 1 of 139 (19,172 Views)

Crashes when click at Play button in game

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Battlefield 5 from Steam but in-game when I press the Play button the screen freezes for about 3 seconds and then crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still doesn't work. So what should I do now?

Message 2 of 139 (19,057 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem, not long after getting battlefield V when it came out I was unable to launch the game anymore and having do the same as you in clearing caches, running as admin, repairing files and re-installing the game I could still not launch it. Since then I decided to re-download the game and play it again to realize I still have the same issue, I even think I might of factory reset my PC since then so really unsure what to do, bought at launch so the game wasn't cheap and I can't even play it.

Message 3 of 139 (19,089 Views)

★ Apprentice

Exactly the same issue as Original Poster

Battlefield 1 Runs

Battlefield 2042 Runs

Origin App Reinstalled

EA App also tested with same issue

Launch Battlefield V on both apps, both apps minimises, both apps reappears as if i have finished playing.

Battlefield V have been reinstalled, Original directory, New Directory, New Drive. Removed Cloud Sync folders

Checked Microsoft Visual C++ Versions all latest update

Message 4 of 139 (19,069 Views)

Re: Crashes when click at Play button in game

Community Manager
@2yhkq1ey607y Do you get an error message with the crash?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 139 (18,989 Views)

Message 6 of 139 (18,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are not. When I press the Play button it freezes for 3 seconds and exits the game without any message appearing

Message 7 of 139 (18,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here...

There was windows reinstall as well.

Newest driver, reinstall game, Origin, EA app... Not helped. No overlay active..

BF2042, BF1, Mass Effect Legendary Edition run without problem...

Anyone has any idea?

Message 8 of 139 (18,932 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem I have no idea what caused it

Message 9 of 139 (18,906 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for calling this out to check if you haven't yet can you try going through the following steps. 

• Troubleshooting Graphics issues 
  • Check for Windows and GPU updates   
  • Clear Origin Cache  
  • Repair BFV 
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay and any other running overlay  
  • Allowing Origin/Steam and the game through your anti-virus or firewall   
  • Run Origin/Steam and Apex as an administrator (by right-clicking desktop icons and selecting 'run as admin")   
  • Trying closing other applications or overlays running 
  • Clean Boot   

If you continue running into issues would it be possible to get a DxDiag?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 139 (18,902 Views)