by terminalchaos2

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 5 Won't Launch

★ Apprentice
  • Troubleshooting Graphics issues  No Graphic Issues
  • Check for Windows and GPU updates    No new updates
  • Clear Origin Cache   Deleted
  • Repair BFV   Repaired and uninstalled plenty of times
  • Disable Origin in-game overlay and any other running overlay   no Difference
  • Allowing Origin/Steam and the game through your anti-virus or firewall    no Difference
  • Run Origin/Steam and Apex as an administrator (by right-clicking desktop icons and selecting 'run as admin")    no Difference
  • Trying closing other applications or overlays running   Same thing in Clean Boot
  • Clean Boot    Does not Launch

I have been through all those steps and nothing works like i posted, can you guys please look into it

Message 11 of 139 (2,872 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me. I made what you asked guys. Nothing change. BF1 and 2042 working well....

Message 12 of 139 (2,853 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

Thank you to those who have had a moment to try the steps I posted, I have shared this with our team. 

If possible would I be able to get a DxDiag from players running into this issue?

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 139 (2,842 Views)

★ Apprentice

Attached my DxDiag

Message 14 of 139 (2,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was having the same problem. I just tried turning off 'run as administrator' on the bf5.exe properties and the game launched!!

EDIT: played a few games, had fun, had to deal with a cheater though... Kind of wish EA/Dice had a social system that dealed with cheaters. Simply make a vote system that asks "is someone cheaeting?" And without any administrator requirements, simply change the game mode or style to only allow knives or something for a limit of 5 minutes. Then allow the vote system to occur again until the cheater leaves.

Those who click no should be saved to a list as a cheater supporter in the event that the situation was later analyzed and deemed true that a cheater was present. Then allow a point system to score players on the accuracy of detecting a cheater and give those voters the combined ability to select who the cheater is and then kick which would spend a point.

It is possible to reward players who become accurate at detecting cheaters. Maybe some sort of special and unique item. 

Maybe it would be very beneficial to create a side-game out of this since there are so many cheaters.

How is it not possible to detect a cheater via overridden input signals such as impossible movements?

I swear EA/Dice are not interested in putting any effort into keeping their games fun and this is their way of saying "hey come buy the next game we promise there won't be any cheaters until most of the population purchases the game!"

Maybe just limit input data to be routed through the game and block data injection by creating a unique encryption of the input data coming from the drivers which themselves should have hacking protection. Afterwards, only an outside hardware hack could be used and then that can be just limited by simulating predetermined limits over mouse pointer data that no human could achieve.

Message 15 of 139 (2,832 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hope it will help a bit...

Message 16 of 139 (2,803 Views)

Community Manager

Hi All, 

Wanted to give a quick update this has been shared with the team, thank you everyone for going through some troubleshooting steps and providing further information. If I get any updates I can share them here. 

Happy Holidays!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 17 of 139 (2,777 Views)

Battlefield 5 only opens for a split second on origin

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So on Monday I played Battlefield 5 in the morning and then in the evening I wanted to play again but the game doesn't launch. I press play the game shows up for a split second in task manager and then disappears and doesn't launch. The same happened with SWBF2 I tested using a single mod on FrostyModManager and it worked. I don't know what happened between the morning and afternoon. I didn't install any new software and I didn't change anything.

I've tried:

• Clearing Origin cache
  • Clean boot
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Repairing the game
  • Updating the game
  • adding exceptions to the entire Origin and BFV folders
  • tried running it in compatibility
  • Running Origin and BFV as admin
  • Updating Graphics Drivers
  • Disable Origin overlay
  • Disabling cloud saves
  • reinstalling Graphics Drivers

I've probably tried everything on the internet now and it still hasn't fixed. I don't know what else I can do. Anyone else encountered this impossible bug?

Message 18 of 139 (2,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any update?? It`s a joke... 

Message 19 of 139 (2,646 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 only opens for a split second on origin

★★★ Novice
Message 20 of 139 (2,577 Views)