Re: Stuck on loggin in

by EA_Guy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey, so i found an article online that said that the Windows Update for Internet Explorer 10 contains some portions of DirectX11.  Here's the link: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chuckw/archive/2013/02/26/directx-11-1-and-windows-7-update.aspx

For some reason, which I haven't been able to figure out, Internet Explorer 10 will NOT install on my computer, either through Windows Update or through direct manual install.  I'm thinking now that this may be the reason why I'm getting DirectX 11 errors when trying to start Battlefield 4. 

I'm going to scour the internet and see if I can figure out a way  ie10 installed and see if it solves the problem.

Message 91 of 113 (984 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Hi can you help me ? i have the same problem and I want to play the game. I would really apreciate it if you could tell me what to do to get it up and running. Please reply. abeautifulmine12

Message 92 of 113 (981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

do you have punk buster update?

trt this first  install punk buster  (chose the on for batelfield 4)  http://www.punkbuster.com/

I have a GTX 650ti  and it work

first step evaluate your systeme  http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

i they say you can run it low detail

My second step not the most happy one but the most effective to obtain the best result for the machine i have.

save important file

restore the system

undate window7

install video driever audio and prinjt driver

reinstall all the games

it work  not full detail but fluid

Message 93 of 113 (974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My BF4 wont start when im online on origin. I get a message that i need to patch the game or install it. But I'm able to play when Origin is offline... I've pressed the download patch button and the little downarrow  tells me that the patch is up to date but that i need to update the game... :S

Message 94 of 113 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Jaernkamin: Try right clicking on the Battlefield 4 icon in Origin and selecting "Repair Install".  If it works, it should update the game to its latest version.

Message 95 of 113 (962 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the update, bcom33.

It's interesting that it's rejecting that installation, do you get any errors? Did you try running the setup in a Clean Boot or even Safe Mode with Networking? 

==

abeautifulmine12,

There's a few different issues in this thread, so you'd need to be more specific on what your issue is. What happens when you try to open the game? Do you get an error message? 

==

jaernkamin,

I'd recommend the step bcom33 suggested. 

Do you get this error from Origin itself or Battlelog? 

Thanks 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 96 of 113 (953 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I do get an error, I believe it's Windows Update error 9C59.  I went through some steps to try to fix this back when I did a repair install of Windows a week or so ago, but still couldn't get it installed.  Tried Clean Boot and Safe Mode back then, etc.  Definitely going to try both of those again tonight, as I think this really could be the issue and even if it's not I want to nail it down.

Message 97 of 113 (950 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey EAGuy.  So after researching my issue with not being able to install those Internet Explorer Windows Updates, I came to the conclusion that I just had to bite the bullet and do a completely new windows install.

So I've done that, those updates were able to install, and Battlefield 4 works as it should.

I think the issue was likely caused by a registry "optimization" program I used called ARO 2011.  I'm guessing it messed up my registry, and DX11 and caused a bunch of issues.

Thanks for all your help.  Excited to finally play the game!

Message 98 of 113 (922 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Well I'm certainly glad that you were able to finally get the issue resolved and play the game. 

It's unfortunate that you needed to do a fresh install of Windows, but it sounds like it needed doing.

Thanks for the update.

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 99 of 113 (902 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your help and patience in figuring it out.

Message 100 of 113 (886 Views)