Re: sims acting up on windows 8

by crinrict

Original Post

sims acting up on windows 8

★ Novice

hello I purchased a laptop dell windows 8 just to play sims 3 but it keeps saying windows not working and I saw that none of the sims are compatible with windows 8 yet so I heard there may be a patch to download or that can be sent to make the game play well...im trying to get all the sims 3 that new and I don't want to not be able to play them because I have 3 games already and they are acting up..pls help me find a solution

Message 1 of 4 (133 Views)

Hero
  • What is your current patch level ?
  • Does the launcher work ?
  • At what point does it crash ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

idk the current patch level..i just bought laptop..how do I find patch and anytime during the game it just says windows stopped working and at other times the game freezes up. I have to keep saving game jus it case it stops and I can start where I left off

Message 3 of 4 (118 Views)

Hero

To find your base gema version, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.50.

More Details can be found here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-find-your-game-version.html

For Macs: http://bluebellflora.wordpress.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/checking-which-patch-version-youre-running/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)