Re: "CHECK THE LOG"

by crinrict

Original Post

"CHECK THE LOG"

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have recently bought a windows 8 computer and I can't seem to get my sims 3 launcher to work. I have both the sims 3 and sims 3 ambitions and at first I could launch the sims 3 but after I installed the sims 3 ambitions it would no longer work. So I bypassed it but now the game won't even launch. I have uninstalled the game many times and downloaded the proper patches. Now I have no idea what to do.

Please Help, 

Elphie

Message 1 of 4 (171 Views)

Hero

Do you have bitDefender on your Computer ? If so, try removing. There's a known conflict with bitDefender, the game and Win 8

If that does not help/appy to you, try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (164 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well, I do have bitDefender but I don't understand what to do with it, what do I delete? There are like 12 or 15 different files, also I can't even start the game.

Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)

Hero

That's the problem with the conflict. The game doesn't start.

I don't know bitDefender myself but you need to either uninstall it from your programs or at least disable it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (153 Views)