Re: Won't work!

by crinrict

Original Post

Won't work!

★★★ Newbie

So I have the Sims 3. I would be able to play it for like maybe 5 minutes and then it would crash and go to the blue screen of death. I gave up trying to play and now, months later, I inserted the disk and if I click on the icon on my desktop, it won't even open. If I go into Computer and right click on Sims 3, it says I can open AutoPlay. When I click that though, it leads me to a pop up that has a picture of the Sim logo with the three/four Sims in a line of cut out diamond shapes and the logo "Sims 3." From there, there are no buttons I can push to let me play the game. At the bottom of the pop-up, it says "Powered by Origin." and there's an orange button that says "Install." But I already have Origin on my desktop and I have an account. I can't do anything from there. 

I really would like to try playing again and just lower some things to boost the game's performance. 

Can anyone help me???

Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

Hero

Is Sims 3 still installed on your computer ?

Go to this folder: programs(x86)\Origin_Games and check if you have a SIms 3 folder (could also be Electronicarts instead of Origin_Games depending on your installation)

Could you also post a picture of that pop-up you're getting ? Just make a screenshot and inster here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, it says it's installed on my computer when I look in programs from Electronic Arts. This is the popup I get when I go into my computer and right click and tell it to Autorun. 

And I saved the screenshot of the pop up but it won't let me add any files onto this reply. Frown

Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)

Hero

You need to upload to some picture sharing site and post the link here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (123 Views)