Unable to play digital download (PC)

by msbellawolf

Original Post

Unable to play digital download (PC)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the sims 3 bundle and supernatual a few days ago. I installed all of them from Origin. Once I click to play the game it  says "there was an error during start up". I did the update. I have the PC requirements to play the game and I also did the right click "run as admin". I also did a live chat with Origin - no one is able to help and they keep telling me to do the same things over and over after I told them I already did those steps. I also went into the game/bin to click on the exe... But I still get the same error.

So here I am looking for another way to start playing this game. Oh BTW, when I tried playing the game WITHOUT doing the update it acts like its about to play then it says to insert the disk. Um, digital download??? why are you asking for a disk. I found that part funny. 

Is there any way I can play this game ASAP?? Thanks..

Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)

Re: Unable to play digital download (PC)

Hero

See if this helps you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-There-was-an-error-during-Startup/td-p/65390

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)