Re: The Sims 3: UL - Crashes when saving?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3: UL - Crashes when saving?

★★★ Novice

I am playing The Sims 3: University Life and all expansions up to University Life. I am running it on a Surface Pro. I have tried updating drivers and disabling DEP, but whenever I play the game, it randomly crashes when saving. It's random when it happens, but it's always when saving. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Do you have seasons ?

This is a known issue and EA is aware and working on it. I have no idea if the newest patch fixed it or not

Check this thread for details: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/619581.page

There have been many suggestions for this issue

• Turn off weather effects
  • Build but then wait 24 Sim hours until you save the game
  • Save the building to the bin, bulldoze the lot, replace the lot from the bin
  • Make sure the house does not have Xmas Lights turned on
  • Make a copy of your game from the main menu before going into the game and then work with that
  • Go to edit town and remove the active family so that you have none. Then build and after you're done, save and then choose an active family again
  • Start a brand new game in the same world you try to build, build on the lot you want the house to be (if it's an existing lot from your other game, save it to the library first and place in the new world). After you're done building, save the new house to the library. Disband the game without saving and go back to your old game. Replace the old house with the new one.

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,542 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Hi

Does it crash to the desktop or does it just stay saving forever and you end up giving up end exit the game without saving? 

If you chose to 'save as' instead of chosing quit and save or just save, does it also crash?

Message 2 of 6 (1,560 Views)

★★★ Novice

It crashes to the desktop. It says "Sims 3 has crashed." Then the save doesn't occur. I have to restart, then it's fine, until I try to save again.

Message 3 of 6 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Do you have any programs running on the background? Make sure to close any program on the background before playing, this includes any internet page that might be open.

Make sure there aren't any windows update / anti-virus / softwares messages  popping up in the background making your game go into desktop mode.

If instead of selecting save or save and quit, if you select save as and then select quit (don' select save again, select just exit), does it crash too?

Message 4 of 6 (1,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It seems to happen whenever I save after building something. Although it is kind of random when, it seems to only occur when i save after building. I have had it happen at other times, though. "Save as" didn't help eithier. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,533 Views)

Hero

Do you have seasons ?

This is a known issue and EA is aware and working on it. I have no idea if the newest patch fixed it or not

Check this thread for details: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/619581.page

There have been many suggestions for this issue

• Turn off weather effects
  • Build but then wait 24 Sim hours until you save the game
  • Save the building to the bin, bulldoze the lot, replace the lot from the bin
  • Make sure the house does not have Xmas Lights turned on
  • Make a copy of your game from the main menu before going into the game and then work with that
  • Go to edit town and remove the active family so that you have none. Then build and after you're done, save and then choose an active family again
  • Start a brand new game in the same world you try to build, build on the lot you want the house to be (if it's an existing lot from your other game, save it to the library first and place in the new world). After you're done building, save the new house to the library. Disband the game without saving and go back to your old game. Replace the old house with the new one.

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,543 Views)