Sims stopped working two weeks ago

by lizmet42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims stopped working two weeks ago

★★★ Newbie

Hi, we have Sims3, Sims Island Paradise and Sims Pets.  All stopped working two weeks ago.  Haven't installed any updates or new security software.  Have followed the instructions on-line to install but get an error message when trying to do so.  When trying to open the game get a Sims 3 launch error message.  Unfortunately, EA doesn't have an online chat helpdesk so am turning to others out there for suggestions.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims stopped working two weeks ago

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)

All Replies

Hero
  • What error message are you getting ?
  • What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi operating system is Windows Vista.  Error message is "Sim3Launcher has stopped working"   thanks

Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (268 Views)