Sims 3 Starter Pack

by swordsimpala

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Starter Pack

★★★ Newbie

I just installed the Sims 3 Starter Pack. I was going to register it so I could start downloading stuff from the exchange, but it says that  I need  the base game. Is there another way I can register my game?

Message 1 of 6 (224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Starter Pack

Hero

OK, then everything is fine Origin wise. You will need to make an account on thesims3.com as well.

To do so follow the following steps

1. Go to thesims3.com
  2. Try logging in with the username/Pw your using at Origin
  3. You should now get a registration page
  4. Choose either the same persona as you have on Origin or a different one and fill out the rest of the fields and click ok
  5. Now you should be logged in with your username
  6. Go to your myPage to see if it says your game are registered (in recent activities)
  7. You should then get a welcome email from thesims3.com
  8. On the myPage there should also be a button to redeem your free Simpoints
  9. You should now be able to download from the exchange

You can also check on your Origin account if any game specific account are associated with it. TheSims 3 should be on there if they accounts are properly connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (203 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Where does it say you need the base game ? On trying to download ? Did you make an account on thesims3.com ? Did the base game install fine on your computer ? Did you register it already on Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, i read the "need base game" thing wrong.  I do have an account on the sims 3 website. Everything installed fine on the computer. I have an account with Origin. I'm not sure if i registered the game on Origin. How would i go about doing that? When i bring up Origin on the computer, and when i go to My Games, the Sims 3 is on there and it gives me the option to play it.

Message 3 of 6 (215 Views)

Hero

OK, then everything is fine Origin wise. You will need to make an account on thesims3.com as well.

To do so follow the following steps

1. Go to thesims3.com
  2. Try logging in with the username/Pw your using at Origin
  3. You should now get a registration page
  4. Choose either the same persona as you have on Origin or a different one and fill out the rest of the fields and click ok
  5. Now you should be logged in with your username
  6. Go to your myPage to see if it says your game are registered (in recent activities)
  7. You should then get a welcome email from thesims3.com
  8. On the myPage there should also be a button to redeem your free Simpoints
  9. You should now be able to download from the exchange

You can also check on your Origin account if any game specific account are associated with it. TheSims 3 should be on there if they accounts are properly connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!!! It's finally working. I really appreticate it! :-)

Message 5 of 6 (195 Views)

Hero

Great to hear.

Could you please accept a solution so people know that this is solved and what the solution was.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (192 Views)