Re: Sims 3 Freezing then Shutting down my computer

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 Freezing then Shutting down my computer

★★ Novice

Hi just recently I purchase movie stuff, at which point my Sims has had a major freak out and now get about 5 minutes in then freezes, but only when im actually play a family. Build and buy mode, CAS and everything else work fine and its only when im actually play a particular family it decides to freeze (for about 1 minutes) then my computer restarts itself. I have recently had a brand new computer built for me and I have had all my parts replaced as well as updating all my systems including having Windows 8 added to my PC so the system itself is more than capable in handling the Sims along with its expansions. Just wondering if there is a fix for this? I have tried deleting my cache files from my computer to help fix this but it failed to improve anything. Thanks for your help, Caitlin/YumikoNin.

Message 1 of 4 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Software never "shuts down" a computer.  It simply isn't what software is all about.  A BSOD reboot is always one of two things.  It is either a failing piece of hardware, or a corrupted driver.  You should never accept the windows default and allow an automatic reboot without reading what the blue screen says, so you can get it fixed. 

Message 2 of 4 (324 Views)

★★ Novice

I never meant to imply that the software was causing the shut down but I havent been getting a blue screen at all so im not able to see what wrong

Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)

Hero

Is this a desktop computer (I kinda assume so since you had it custom build) ?

Computer restarts are usually a sign of overheating so make sure the fan works as it should. If it's all new, you probably have a program somewhere with which you can monitor your computers/graphics cards temperature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (314 Views)